New Lowering Device ?

RC0

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dean are you that sexy in real life or have you photoshopped your oicture slightly. oh and sorry reg i meant to say your like a big burly man.

i did it guys i bought a GRCS, was a bit nervous pressing the approve sale button. just have to wait for the delivery, hope i don't live to regret it. it's alot of money. but i've always wanted one, just hope it comes in handy

• 1 month later...

Some pictures of the device to be produced by Stein and should be available in time for the AA trade show in the summer. I'll get some video before then.

The incentive was produce a tool that’ll fall somewhere in between the top-end and budget devices on the market. This one will most probably retail somewhere right in the middle.

The device is attached to the tree by a 10 ton ratchet strap which can be sufficiently tightened by one person. However, in making allowances for foreseeable misuse or unfavourable trunk-taper, the device will facilitate a choker (see photo’s) to be set below the ratchet strap…. as similar such point-to-point strap set-ups obviously do not choke!

As you can see the device has two barrels, so is not only very convenient for setting up speed-lines but can also accommodate 2 separate lowering operations at the same time i.e. for load transfer between 2 adjacent rigging points or perhaps to lower/cradle large limbs in their entirety with total control and reassurance. Either barrel will take up to ¾ inc rope.

The left side barrel also has a pre-tensioning option. I haven’t worked out exactly what the lift ratio is yet, and while its power is not comparable to the likes of the Hobbs and GRCS, it does have speed and convenience in its favour i.e. pulling down on the lever gives an instant hit on whatever it is you’re trying to raise.

The tensioner works a little like an anvil in its means of gripping the rope. It also has an adjustment screw on it so to accommodate ropes of different diameters.

The device and all of its key features are Patent Pending 0902165.0 Thanks

597653d8ec2a3_LimeLD2003.jpg.4f0310fe3721f7f9c76b0785753a33a0.jpg

597653d8e98a8_LimeLD2002.jpg.5a8f827e29896f25cf66b4400b43ed15.jpg

597653d8e5a31_L_D015.jpg.d38859b455e492ca88d426637711233a.jpg

Thanks Giles, Tom

I cant quite figure out how the lifting mechanism works, any more pics?

Just looking again, is it a sort of cam?

I wouldn't describe it as a cam.

The pictures I have are not very clear, I'll get some more.