Mirror mirror on the wall.... who makes the best chainsaw file of them all?

Rob D

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All the prices are here Jon.

Products for the category: Round files

I still have a few (and only a few packs) of 3/16" and 7/32" - but should have more in 10 days in all sizes.

:001_smile:

Wanted to try save edge files, so went on your site Rob, put a few files and a stump vice in basket then checked postage and that killed it for me I'm afraid!

Highlands and Islands! Nice place to live, not a nice place to post to I guess!

Ended up gettin Woodroc files on another site.

Never heard of them myself, will see how they do!

Yep - I know what you're saying and it's been said before hence this thread....

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/chainsawbars/63176-delivery-costs-explained-csb.html

I've spent a long time thinking the best way to do it... and still come to the same conclusions...

That said - I am happy to send by Royal Mail and charge what they charge - but you must take the hit if it does not reach you. I use x2 printed labels with sellotape over this.. but this has still not guaranteed that they reach you...

I should be getting some more save edge files in shortly...

I've spent a long time thinking the best way to do it... and still come to the same conclusions...

That said - I am happy to send by Royal Mail and charge what they charge - but you must take the hit if it does not reach you. I use x2 printed labels with sellotape over this.. but this has still not guaranteed that they reach you...

I guess, for low value orders, you could provide an option to your online ordering forms to "Ship by Royal Mail at your own risk of non-delivery". I guess most people would be happy to save 25-50% and take a risk of 5% (say) of non-delivery. But obviously, you need to cover your admin costs as well (order processing, packing, packaging materials, shipping etc).

Not having a go at your postage costs, I'm very used to this living where I do.

I tend to think Royal Mail is best for us up here, why would you say it might not arrive? Not had many bad experiences with myself.

It can get frustrating when the product you want is right in front of you, so to speak, and you end up purchasing an inferior item somewhere else. 😞

Not having a go at your postage costs, I'm very used to this living where I do.

I tend to think Royal Mail is best for us up here, why would you say it might not arrive? Not had many bad experiences with myself.

It can get frustrating when the product you want is right in front of you, so to speak, and you end up purchasing an inferior item somewhere else. 😞

I had x3 parcels go missing in one month and that was enough for me....

So depressing all round - all x3 had to be re sent... one turned up x2 weeks after it should have - had to pay the postage to get the customer to send it back to me!!

Compensation? You can only claim after 6 weeks and then it is long winded and limited in amount.

:sneaky2:

I guess, for low value orders, you could provide an option to your online ordering forms to "Ship by Royal Mail at your own risk of non-delivery". I guess most people would be happy to save 25-50% and take a risk of 5% (say) of non-delivery. But obviously, you need to cover your admin costs as well (order processing, packing, packaging materials, shipping etc).

That's an idea - the main people affected are those that live in areas outside of mainland UK...

In the end I think I'll have to look at a way of cross referencing postcode with price of order....

Also I'm not sure if you can legally say 'delivery at your own risk' ie. as a seller you have a legal requirement to refund if someone does not receive their order.... would have to look into this...

That's an idea - the main people affected are those that live in areas outside of mainland UK...

In the end I think I'll have to look at a way of cross referencing postcode with price of order....

Also I'm not sure if you can legally say 'delivery at your own risk' ie. as a seller you have a legal requirement to refund if someone does not receive their order.... would have to look into this...

I believe, as long as it is a B2B (Business To Business) trade, you are not "restricted" by the usual consumer protection laws, thus allowing the business customer to agree to "unusual" terms.