Blower advise

bobh

If you can get the older type BG 85 or 86 get it . They are better than the new shape ones (as stated on this thread ) bg 85 is blower onluy , 86 is blower with little mulching blades in the intake . other than that they are the same if all you want is a blower . As a vacuum they are pants . you are looking at a billie goat if you want a vac but this is about blowers . As i said before I am a Husky saw man but always use a Stihl bg 85 . and can't fault it . Husqvarna did do a copy of it with a straiter air flow but I have never tried it because here is nothing wrong with both our bg 85s so can't comment .

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice domestic kit but I can't see that being any good on wet leaves on grass plus twigs. Open to new ideas but it just looks too unpowerful.

i wonder, have to wait and see, might ask for demo first and blow some cardboard round the warehouse:laugh1:

all i'm thinking it for is a tidy up, blowing sawdust into the edges and keeping the paths neat.

Nice domestic kit but I can't see that being any good on wet leaves on grass plus twigs. Open to new ideas but it just looks too unpowerful.

i wonder, have to wait and see, might ask for demo first and blow some cardboard round the warehouse:laugh1:

all i'm thinking it for is a tidy up, blowing sawdust into the edges and keeping the paths neat.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update.

I looked long and hard at getting a new one but as I said in my original post the nature of my work means this will just be an occasional tool.

Ebay ones seemed one the whole to be going for stupid money, wasn't going to pay nearly new price for a secondhand machine, in the end a BG55 came up for £70 plus a reasonable postage so I went for it.

stihl bg 55 leaf blower | eBay

Postie got it to me yesterday lunchtime and it saved me 1/2 hours clearup time on the job I was doing. :thumbup::thumbup:

For years I ran bg55 and 85's. Great blowers, very reliable, bit of switch trouble but otherwise all good.

Then I brought a big backpack blower, it was expensive and its bulky but it saves me hours of work every week. (hours plural) Not only great for cleaning up but makes digging up stumps or prepping them for stumpgrinding a snap.

Going back to a handheld from a good backpack is nearly like going from a handheld to a broom.

Well worth the money.

Just buy a new bg 86, £200 or thereabouts. Time you've found a good s/h one you'll be paying about a oner for it and replacing it in a year or two. Things like that should always be bought new. That's my advice.

Same here, and when you come to sell it you will always get a reasonable price for it.