stein helmet?

shabz1978

Need to ask a few questions first so i can get it right for you.

Side impact or not

Mesh visor or fighter pilot type clear or smoked

Cheers

Justin

side impact deffo better safe than sorry and as visor go for mesh the clear visor is gash thats imo anyway only becouse aye wear glasses tho

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BS EN 397: Industrial Safety Helmets

Helmets designed to this standard are generally used by ground workers. Helmets for work on the ground require the chinstraps to breakaway under a load of less than 25dN, this equates to a force of roughly 250kgs. The reason for this is if the helmet chinstrap is caught it releases the wearer before they can choke.

BS EN 12492: Work at Height

Helmets designed to this standard are generally used in height safety situations and mountaineering. The chinstraps on these helmets have to stay fastened at forces of up to 50dN, this equates to a force of roughly 500kgs. This is so the helmet stays firmly on the wearers head in the case of a fall with multiple impacts. These helmets are also designed to take side impact.

Hope this makes sense.

Justin.

BS EN 397: Industrial Safety Helmets

Helmets designed to this standard are generally used by ground workers. Helmets for work on the ground require the chinstraps to breakaway under a load of less than 25dN, this equates to a force of roughly 250kgs. The reason for this is if the helmet chinstrap is caught it releases the wearer before they can choke.

BS EN 12492: Work at Height

Helmets designed to this standard are generally used in height safety situations and mountaineering. The chinstraps on these helmets have to stay fastened at forces of up to 50dN, this equates to a force of roughly 500kgs. This is so the helmet stays firmly on the wearers head in the case of a fall with multiple impacts. These helmets are also designed to take side impact.

Hope this makes sense.

Justin.

never knew that mate cheers for the post

i have the kask helmet which i bought at the apf which has the fighter pilot visor, i wear glasses and get on just fine with it, i suppose it depends on your glasses and the frames (i have oakley frames which are quite a low profile frame as they are for sports use and so they fit under the visor nicely.) Apparently the stein helmet is a kask helmet just rebadged (the cheeky buggers!!)

i have the kask helmet which i bought at the apf which has the fighter pilot visor, i wear glasses and get on just fine with it, i suppose it depends on your glasses and the frames (i have oakley frames which are quite a low profile frame as they are for sports use and so they fit under the visor nicely.) Apparently the stein helmet is a kask helmet just rebadged (the cheeky buggers!!)

as a point the kask only meets en 397 and when the new regs come in it will not meet the required standard as a climbing helmet

Im loving both my Steins, would never go back to a petzl. I got the dark grey one with the smoked vizor, it's the tits, when i showed the lads at work they couldnt wait to stick it on and look at themselves in the mirrors lol, meh i can't really use it at work though cuz its a dark colour, so it'll do for recreation etc. The other one is the high viz version, it's serving me well, very comfy, i can't really find any faults with them atm. If your interested i'd ring FR Jones, they were very quick sending mine up :001_cool:

Dan