2 man tean with chipper

jbtreeservice

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just priced a conny reduction, conny hedge removal, stumps out, and fit the new fence.

The chap lived accross the road from where we'd just done a similar job

Client wanted the price broken down into its seperate pieces, no problem.

Priced each one as if it were a separate job, and took a discount off at the end if he had the lot done.

Got an email back saying the price for the tree work and stumps was fine, but the fencing was too expensive. He'd had a quote at nearly 15% cheaper.

I explained why i'd arrived at the costs i had, and if he wanted us to do the tree work and the other contractor to do the fence, that was fine with us.

No, he'd seen our work, the quality of finish and materials used was to his liking, its just that we were too expensive !!!!

Sorry, but thats our price.

Upshot is, the jobs booked in for 4 weeks time.

Stick to your guns, make what you need to make, and have fun

sorry , what i meant was that i was the groundy and take my tipper/chipper - No climbing for the other party,just that i also climb/hold 38 for ariel H&S bla bla

thats £200 when ive got nothing on or a day spare - the subbying is for people i work with regular - other wise average rate is £350 to joe public

again thou , it all depends on 'what type of work' your doing aswell , i dont get the big jobs , just easy domestic stuff , not back breaking , i just plod along at a sensible pace.

if it was hardwork none stop id charge more

on another note , i know of a guy who hires himself out for £150 a day , tipper , 150tw and he grounds. not a chance.

another guy quoted £120 to do a conni hedge reduction that i got in the end , i took me most of the day ,truck full of waste but got the right cash for thr job - in other words , he was going to work for £120 for nealry all day .. crazy

120 for a day is a joke, and waste away too?? Madness.

When you quote, put yourself in your customers shoes and just think how much work they are actually getting for the price. It may seem alot of money when you put a price in for say a days work but we are only capable of getting that work done in a day because we are properly tooled up and experianced enough to work efficiently and quickly.

Just be totally fair to yourself when pricing, work out all your costs and your own wage plus profit and give them the price, if they arn't happy with it then its not worth doing any cheaper. Its easy when you self employed to allow your wage you take from the buisness to get mixed in with day to day buisness costs and before you know it you find you are undercutting your personal wage to pay for buisness costs just to try and be cheap, In the long term it justs leads to stress and you rushing around like a blueassed fly just to make things work.

Put in a fair price and I think most customers are happy with this provided you arn't trying to take the p*ss. Any who arn't can go elsewhere.

When you quote, put yourself in your customers shoes and just think how much work they are actually getting for the price. It may seem alot of money when you put a price in for say a days work but we are only capable of getting that work done in a day because we are properly tooled up and experianced enough to work efficiently and quickly.

Just be totally fair to yourself when pricing, work out all your costs and your own wage plus profit and give them the price, if they arn't happy with it then its not worth doing any cheaper. Its easy when you self employed to allow your wage you take from the buisness to get mixed in with day to day buisness costs and before you know it you find you are undercutting your personal wage to pay for buisness costs just to try and be cheap, In the long term it justs leads to stress and you rushing around like a blueassed fly just to make things work.

Put in a fair price and I think most customers are happy with this provided you arn't trying to take the p*ss. Any who arn't can go elsewhere.

Good post!

I've been thinking a lot about pricing lately. We were quoting based on £350/day for two men, truck & chipper (Hilux & 5" chipper) but a couple of weeks ago we upped it to £375. Quoted for two jobs yesterday at the new rate, total £1,625 and both clients accepted on the spot without getting other quotes. One was a long term previous client. We had quoted once for the other client and they accepted someone else's cheaper quote - they didn't bother to even get those guys to quote this time! I'm always thinking about how to change the way we compete from price to service.

I guess thats our luck too as we are near a wealthy city.

Out West in Brit-ville-sur-Merde most clients are ex-pat, retired and living off less than they where before the financial crisis caused the pound to fall against the euro.

One price for the French, another for the Brits...:001_rolleyes:

Ty