2 man tean with chipper

jbtreeservice

If £600 is what you need to maintain, replace and keep your business afloat, and show a profit, then it's not unreasonable. I know of companies in this district that more than 5 years ago had a day rate of £650 for two and a chipper. Another is currently £840 per day for same. It's not unreasonable, if you have the right client base, market yourself properly and run your self as a business as opposed to someone who loves trees and does it for the karma...man :001_smile:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It comes down to the old old question.

What do you charge per day?

As much as I can get away with.

It really is as simple as that.

Thats not cowboy talk either- it's a general business principle.

A price that applies to one customer will not apply to another.

Also- a day rate that applies today may not apply next week or next month.

I guess your day rate for 2 guys and chipper will vary from as little as £250 upwards especially if they are employees who need work every day as it's costing money to pay them to do nothing.

If you are pricing at £250 every day then I guess you'll be out of business pretty soon. Or working 6 days a week.

When people talk of the amount of men in a team it depends a lot on wether we are talking skilled guys or draggers. A boss/ climber and skilled groundy or boss/climber and £40 brush dragger are two different set ups on different budgets...same with bigger teams, I find adding labourers works wanders for production for minimal outlay however we never go into detail of what of men we're talking about.

Morning...

I wish I could employ a brash dragger for £40...:confused1:

Here the minimum wage is 9euros or 72euros per 8 hours day THEN we pay 90% to the state as a kind of national assurance PLUS paying for their lunch.

An employee here costs 2.5 times more than you pay them once you factor in all the costs.

Huh...£40...:001_rolleyes:

Ty

Morning...

I wish I could employ a brash dragger for £40...:confused1:

Here the minimum wage is 9euros or 72euros per 8 hours day THEN we pay 90% to the state as a kind of national assurance PLUS paying for their lunch.

An employee here costs 2.5 times more than you pay them once you factor in all the costs.

Huh...£40...:001_rolleyes:

Ty

So thats why a poxy salad in Paris costs £20

Agreed, but not at the moment; £220 is the south / west devon average for the above at the moment :thumbdown: it's misery.

just read this thread, it isn't that bad down this way is it? I know of no-one in my area (west devon dartmoor) who is charging that, i charge much more then this and i win most of my work. at 220 by the time id paid my groundy, fuel and usual expenses id have about £50 for myself, no thanks!

just read this thread, it isn't that bad down this way is it? I know of no-one in my area (west devon dartmoor) who is charging that, i charge much more then this and i win most of my work. at 220 by the time id paid my groundy, fuel and usual expenses id have about £50 for myself, no thanks!

Exactly; £220 is bottom end but they have work while we £350/dayers are sat at home, splitting logs or working in tescos.

Exactly; £220 is bottom end but they have work while we £350/dayers are sat at home, splitting logs or working in tescos.

I think that tells the whole story, you CANNOT work for 220 a day. Tescos would be a good option.

There really is no point hammering on with something that will end you up with nothing.