Do you climb in the rain?

Perkins

Do you climb in the rain?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Do you climb in the rain?

• Yes, it doesn't bother me.
    • Only if I have to, but I'd prefer not to.
    • No (please expand)

I tend to climb in all weathers , im not overly keen to climb in torrential rain if there is something elts to be doing but that said i know that winter is on its way and i will find myself climbing in the day or night no matter what the weather is !! its either for LA's or utilities and neither are keen on waiting when it comes to emergency works . This is wh y i have invested in a 130 landrover defender that has a built in cab heater within quadtech box that over night will dry al of our climbing kit , wet clothes etc (and makes an amazingly warm crib hut when waiting to be issued a with a sanction for works

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tend to climb in all weathers , im not overly keen to climb in torrential rain if there is something elts to be doing but that said i know that winter is on its way and i will find myself climbing in the day or night no matter what the weather is !! its either for LA's or utilities and neither are keen on waiting when it comes to emergency works . This is wh y i have invested in a 130 landrover defender that has a built in cab heater within quadtech box that over night will dry al of our climbing kit , wet clothes etc (and makes an amazingly warm crib hut when waiting to be issued a with a sanction for works

Dismantled a beech yesterday in the rain was sodden and mossy had a bit of fun when my vt decided not to grab after i had put up a pulley for rigging,i dropped about 10-15ft before i had it under control,fortunatly i remove all pegs as i go up so fell mid air.First time in nearly 10 years this has happened to me,think there were a few factors in play wet being one of them,decided to put a extra wrap on after that!

• 2 months later...

I think that when it rains I am far less efficient and get less done.

This may mean we have to return to finish off another day.

So if it is looking like a day of heavy rain when a long day of climbing booked I try to move jobs around and find something less taxing.

Often I am so fatigued after a day climbing in the rain I am good for nothing for days after.

Ty