Road closures.

Graham

Spoke to county council recently about a closure on a very minor road. We need to get a crane in and this road doesn't service anyone at all.

Previously they've sorted it out at no cost. They now want £1600 and 3 months notice.

Anyone else been asked for this much?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spoke to county council recently about a closure on a very minor road. We need to get a crane in and this road doesn't service anyone at all.

Previously they've sorted it out at no cost. They now want £1600 and 3 months notice.

No usually around around £300.

If the closure is for 5 days or less you can put an emergency closure on quite quickly. You will need to put a diversion up as well as close the road. Does the £1600 include this? sounds like it may to me. You may be able to put the diversion up your self for a lot less but you will need all the correct signs and Chapter 8 signing, lighting and guarding supervisor and operator qualifications. Usually cost us £240 but we do the closure etc.. If you cannot carry out the work as to chapter 8 without a closure you must use a closure else HSE with be after you and your insurance may be void!

Same same Badger, i was talking to some lads from Western Power the other day and they said that it was around the £1500 mark and has been known to rise to the £3000 mark. Blody stupid if you ask me:thumbdown:

I was charged £240 for an emergency closure

Never been charged for an emergency closure. From what I understand the highways have to close the road to protect users once it as been brought to their attention. Otherwise they are knowingly putting people at risk.

Bleedin hell thats a bit steep :scared1:

I've never had to close a road off and with those costs I dont think I ever will:sneaky2:

A bit of a different thing but as far as I know we will all have to apply and obviously pay to get a permit if we park a van and or chipper even partly on a pavement while carring out work. Even if you park the van/chipper etc fully on the road you still might need a permit to drag brash logs etc across the pavement since you should really close the pavement due to pedestrian hazards etc!