Moving back to nz

Ross Smith

flights booked,residency visa in the bag,dogs flight booked,slowly starting to pack and polish the finer details then its nz here we come again.

just trying to work out how difficult its gonna be getting my saws through customs.gonna take the climbing kit on the flight with me as im hoping to get work ASAP.:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I was in NZ a year ago and loved it. (Particularly South island).

If you don't already know, make sure all traces of mud/dirt are removed from your kit espiecially boots because the customs there inspect all footwear and might confiscate any items that are dirty. They were very nervous about Foot & Mouth being brought in as it was still about at the time and I saw a few people getting thier walking boots closely inspected. (Understandable I s'pose,considering thier livestock). Have a great time, it's breathtaking. Take time to visit lake Tekapo on the way to Mount Cook if you can as it is astonishingly beautiful. L.

flights booked,residency visa in the bag,dogs flight booked,slowly starting to pack and polish the finer details then its nz here we come again.

just trying to work out how difficult its gonna be getting my saws through customs.gonna take the climbing kit on the flight with me as im hoping to get work ASAP.:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Well done!

I don't have any experiance with getting saws through customs,but climbing gear has proved to be a "hit and miss" affair.

MAF.Ministry of agriculture and fisheries seized my climbing gear last time,sent it away for heat treating and then it got sent to the wrong address.

Time before that I got pulled up at Auckland airport,they had a bit of a look through my stuff and questioned what I had been cutting with my handsaw.They wanted to send it away for cleaning but I ended up just removing the blade and leaving it with them.

I would scrub all your climbing gear,pay attention to any Velcro and tight spots beween webbing.

I had a mate that tried to put all his heavy gear (carabiners,rope grabs etc) in his carryon luggage to save the weight in his other baggage.They turned him around at the X ray machine and it had to go in the hold.

sweet bro!where abouts are you heading?perfect time of year to come(generally the hottest)

yeh with your shoes i had to clean mine with a toothbrush to get them really clean,

always sad to leave family and friends but when u get here u forget all about it,

if your ever in chch will have to catch up for a beer,(adam lives here to)

enjoy the flight :001_cool: