Ashman-do you know him?

I haven't read this whole thread 'cos I'm a lazy article but doesn't AT or Steve have these details on every member anyway? Granted it may be wrong for Steve to pass on this private info but maybe AT could arbitrate to settle this issue.

Thats not really required.

IMO, the simplest way would be for all those wanting to borrow the books should supply Tony with the required details, these will generally be required for posting the book anyway, so not really an issue.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats not really required.

IMO, the simplest way would be for all those wanting to borrow the books should supply Tony with the required details, these will generally be required for posting the book anyway, so not really an issue.

I have been giving that some thought, at least recording borrowers that I do not know personaly:thumbup1:

I have been giving that some thought, at least recording borrowers that I do not know personaly:thumbup1:

who are you again:confused1::lol:

Seriously though, i think anyone who 'enters' the bookclub should be registered on an excel spreadsheet/database somewhere with address and phone contact details

like a contractual agreement, but free:biggrin:

Seriously though, i think anyone who 'enters' the bookclub should be registered on an excel spreadsheet/database somewhere with address and phone contact details

like a contractual agreement, but free:biggrin:

Im crap at excel, theres a job offr there!:lol:

good idea though, might have to work on this

Shouldn't be hard to set up at all:biggrin:

once you've got the list you can just keep adding to it everytime someone new wants to borrow a book.

You could even go one step further and link the book going from person to person:thumbup:

Apparently This Hama geezer is known all over Europe too, have no idea how this has occurred, but find it all rather bizarre to be perfectly honest.:blushing:

I had know Idea that shouting my big gob off over the small niche forums on the internet would have such a profound effect, had I known I think I might have chosen my words more wisely! lol:lol:

Because of this forum, and various other activities online I have received some really great work, some interesting offers and some offers that defy belief.

But the best bit is the days out ive had with members, and the friendships made as a result, thats priceless:thumbup:

all the other stuff frankly scares the crap out of me and is all way too serious!:lol:

I think the best ideas come from an amalgamation of everyone's input, then choosing the route that best suits. Try not to be too blinkered, Tony, let others help you make an idea work, and I mean work properly, not fail through misguided "trust". Best will in the world, human nature will lead to problems, try to iron them out before they happen. I love the idea of someone helping others, I love the idea of a loan service, I love the idea of a library of tree related books being available. Perhaps it's something at is needed nationwide, I don't know. I'd hate you to lose your collection to people disappearing with them, at your cost, I think it will make you very bitter very quickly, which would be a great shame.

• 3 months later...

O.k I had approached this maybe in the wrong manner before, a sensitive soul am I, I apologies for any insult but assured karmic Law will and may well serve me right in due course!

I would like to ask THIS COMMUNITY once more to help locate this member for some explanation as to the books whereabouts, if its lost, or if its just forgotten is fine, but lets get this sorted as there is a number of Members seeking an opportunity to read this book above many others.

I lost a lot of "energy" in negative thoughts due to this loss but it was/is but one book amoung many that are in circulation in bookclub which is a project VERY dear to me and I am sorry I allowed this to set it back so far.

I will be adressing issues and owed books in due course this may take some time

Yes it would be nice to get this book back in circulation, I would have no hard feelings. My alternative is to go and sit in the local library and read it there, 10 miles away! plus the time. Or pay a stupid overpriced web price for a book that is out of print and some out of date info.

I suggest if the book was just posted on if you know the location of it. End of matter.:thumbup1:

Not seen this thread before, and don't know this Ashman, but having read it through now, for one time only Tony I agree with you and think you we're completely right to be hacked off. To lend something out and to not hear from it again isn't on.

If I was you Tony I'd stick an SAE in the post to the address you sent the book to.

If you don't get it back that way then find someone local to pop round and knock the door. I don't mind calling for it if it's near where I live Tony.....