Ashman-do you know him?

Sorry I'm back with more "constructive input". Instead of calling it a deposit, call it a subscription, not unreasonable in the circumstances, it's a club after all and you pay subs to belong to any club for the running of it. I feel it does need a fee for the updating of stock, maintenance and replacement, IMO to trust to the goodwill of human nature is at best a little naive and at worst a disaster waiting to happen, but hey I'm covering old ground, which is not really constructive. :biggrin:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I'm back with more "constructive input". Instead of calling it a deposit, call it a subscription, not unreasonable in the circumstances, it's a club after all and you pay subs to belong to any club for the running of it. I feel it does need a fee for the updating of stock, maintenance and replacement, IMO to trust to the goodwill of human nature is at best a little naive and at worst a disaster waiting to happen, but hey I'm covering old ground, which is not really constructive. :biggrin:

it IS constructive Andy, if nothing else it tells me you actually give a crap about the concept! your being persistent so you obviously care.

I am not naive, I choose to be trusting, its a choice not naivety:biggrin:

I hope my grammar was not too offensive this time?

I'm not sure deposits would help, some may feel they are more entitled to keep the book as they have paid something.

IMO, the main thing thats needed is the borrowers proper name and contact details, so they can be chased up with ease.

I'm sorry that you took offence at my post Tony, but AT is not about naming and shaming, we really don't want disputes played out in here, do we?????

I'm not sure deposits would help, some may feel they are more entitled to keep the book as they have paid something.

IMO, the main thing thats needed is the borrowers proper name and contact details, so they can be chased up with ease.

I'm sorry that you took offence at my post Tony, but AT is not about naming and shaming, we really don't want disputes played out in here, do we?????

Is it that bad and big a deal Huck? seriously, its just abook, if your that worried about the AT reputation being "muddied" I will, as I already have get over myself and move on.

Is it that bad and big a deal Huck? seriously, its just abook, if your that worried about the AT reputation being "muddied" I will, as I already have get over myself and move on.

Tony, please, I think your taking me all wrong.

Its not a big deal, but it can be the thin edge of a very big wedge.

We have rules on here for very good reasons, if we don't stop naming and shaming on every occasion people will think its OK.

I think its great that you are so passionate about all things tree and want to share that by very generously lending out your library, I don't want to be the misery guts who gets in the way of your excellent book club, I just want to try and keep AT the excellent forum it currently is.

Tony, please, I think your taking me all wrong.

Its not a big deal, but it can be the thin edge of a very big wedge.

We have rules on here for very good reasons, if we don't stop naming and shaming on every occasion people will think its OK.

I think its great that you are so passionate about all things tree and want to share that by very generously lending out your library, I don't want to be the misery guts who gets in the way of your excellent book club, I just want to try and keep AT the excellent forum it currently is.

One of the reasons its an excellent forum is because were all like family, innit together so to speak, get my drift?:tee:

we cant lose that

I haven't read this whole thread 'cos I'm a lazy article but doesn't AT or Steve have these details on every member anyway? Granted it may be wrong for Steve to pass on this private info but maybe AT could arbitrate to settle this issue.

I haven't read this whole thread 'cos I'm a lazy article but doesn't AT or Steve have these details on every member anyway? Granted it may be wrong for Steve to pass on this private info but maybe AT could arbitrate to settle this issue.

its over, ashman is no longer hounded, and a new copy wil be found.