Lance Armstrong

born2trot

He was tested over 500 times since 2000 and he tested negative each and every time,end of discussion! the man's a legend and will remain so IMO

Lance Armstrong was tipped off 20 minutes before he was tested, claims French anti-doping official - Telegraph

He has just admitted on American tv to taking performance enhancing drugs in order to win all 7 tours . That makes him a legend !

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imo, did he cheat.... yes

Did others? yes but to the same extent? who knows?

Should they strip him of the titles? absolutely! imagine if you came second or third and were clean.

If he was clean he may have won some Tours anyway.

Good cyclist but we will never know how good.

They are pretty much all the same so right or wrong I see it as a level playing field.

One bloke who took chemicals beat the others who took chemicals. If you read what training LA did it is conceivable that he had the edge because of that.

You introduce big sums of money as incentives to the teams, set out a route which requires superhuman effort then are surprised that everyone pushes the rules/morals over the edge.

He fought cancer, yes-he fought the rules, but he is a fighter and he kept on beating Ullrich.

The big pity is that the first non-doping cyclist in each tour never got to stand on the podium in Paris. Then again was there a non-doper?? if so how far down the peleton was he????

I've not read all this thread. Lance Arstrong was the best/fittest/strongest and most dedicated to his sport of ALL the cheating drug users in that era.

If he hadnt done all the training that he did then he wouldnt have won and so another person (or persons) would now be takign the wrap for the cheating.

Its cheating yes, I agree, and I agree they should all be stripped of titles and their respective positions but should Lance take the wrap for all of them? Not sure about that. He was just the best cyclist in the world during a bad period in the sport.

He still had to train and work as hard as anybody else, no different to the work that wiggins put in last year, and he is a supreme athlete. Without the drugs he would have come about 20th each year in the tour and no one would ever have heard of him.

Having said all that I am so glad that the sport has changed, and that the man whos name is no famous is British. I've gone out and bought a road bike again for the first time in years and I'm sure many others will take up the sport and hopefully drugs will or performance enhancers of any kind will no longer be the standard by which everyone is measured.

OK so they were all at it at that time. Forgivable. Is that an excuse for lying publicly the way he has over that last year or so. He has finally admitted to what most in the sport already knew. The fact that he didn't come clean until the evidence was undeniable is what's not forgivable. not only a cheat, but a liar and a fraudster. Hopefully he will go down!! As for the cancer excuse, there are far better men, women and children that have fought that terrible disease and other worse problems, with courage and cheerfulness in the face of adversity! Liar and bully, anything worse?! Rant over!!