The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

More than a transit m8

:laugh1::laugh1:

Recently I finally got round to replacing the ply greedy boards with ali. It took me ages to find a second hand set of lorry sides to adapt with the correct 3" planking, as i didnt want new which would have looked a tad odd on top of the bottom half! I reckon it was worth the wait though. :biggrin:

597657a5636d0_Newchipbox!!002.jpg.73c3b9eae42b1ef45663e1f52205c08c.jpg

597657a566b8b_Newchipbox!!004.jpg.1cd2e9692e5a6b1619e44068ce2ae8c2.jpg

nice kit and rigs there bolt, ive noticed on a few of youre posts you seem to be geared to conservation/sensitive sites/wetland-guessing broads - the iorn horse, matt green chipper, chipper with atv floatation tyres. . . what is youre main work??? just being nosey :biggrin:

You dont ask you dont know , yes im geared up for 85% conservation work the rest is arb work and timber construction + la work on footpaths . As was said in another post

things are getting a bit hairy this year with all the cuts ,im glad i have nothing on the drip. oh the chipper is matt black and tatty on the outside but like new inside i leave my gear on site all the time well camed up .

here is my landy as it is for the moment. thinking of selling and getting a 110 or 130 tipper..... unsure about it though.

i have had it for about a year, x reg td5. plenty of bits bolted on and decat and straight through middle pipe makes it sound like a monster :biggrin:

landy.jpg.8ed244c65de3ee9d8465c3e21ec92392.jpg

You dont ask you dont know , yes im geared up for 85% conservation work the rest is arb work and timber construction + la work on footpaths . As was said in another post

things are getting a bit hairy this year with all the cuts ,im glad i have nothing on the drip. oh the chipper is matt black and tatty on the outside but like new inside i leave my gear on site all the time well camed up .

If you have time/want too etc. I would love to see some pictures of that kind off work :thumbup1:

Thanks

Sam

Best idea yet- get a proper landy:lol:

haha, its all money though, the baby landie has done what i want it to do for the past year. and its a bit of fun aswell, wouldnt want to take a 130 tipper green laning, might scratch it.

LOL- laning shmaning- get it scratched and dented itll look like a workhorse then!!

heres my landy on the one foray into off roading....never again. I went with a bent trackrod, and it just got worse from therein. It ended up costing me about £700 in repairs to the front axle and new winch wire....

In the pic of it in the water, I draged muself further, and it went right over the bonnet, the track rod got bent further and jammed the wheels against the chassis wrecking cv joints and what have you:thumbdown::thumbdown: Annd on top of all that, it wasnt that exciting either!!

02082008043.jpg.0635d717aac26e8b086d1a8731958d7e.jpg

02082008045.jpg.d34d1889a854620bef50fe7cfcd878da.jpg

02082008044.jpg.cd7bc7d54533243f367cc83275b1e448.jpg

Edited by tommer9