The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

At a forestry demo last week, a FC officer asked the girl doing the winching demo if they had ever used kinetic energy rope to which she replied no. I tried explaining to him that you would never use KERR in a winch as it is designed to use the elasticity in the rope to extract stricken vehicles and was actually designed for the military to extract stuck armoured vehicles.

He was very indignant and said he had actually seen it used on Land Rovers and was great as it didn't whip around if it snapped. I tried explaining he meant Dynema plasma rope as KERR would do exactly that but no, he was adamant it was KERR!!

The though of actually having a KERR winch rope attached to a tree, dragging it up slope and then the tree snagging on a stump is rather frightening as the rope would just keep stretching until it had enough energy to overcome the obstacle and the tree would be hurled through the air at great speed!!!! Doesn't bear thinking about!!!! But he was FC so obviously knows best!!

anyone fit larger wing mirrors to a 130 tipper?? we tow a tracked chipper about and i find the narrow mirrors a pain when reversing ,as soon as the trailer is kinked its hard to see whats going on.

thanks carl

We fit these to our defenders and they really help with reversing:

Defender XL Wing Mirror - Exterior Accessories - Products

Also you can get a 'Wolf' longer mirror arm which they fit on the Wolf land rovers to see around the spare wheel which is mounted on the side of the body. Again it gives better all round visibility.

I have the longer arms fitted to both sides of my tipper and then the bigger mirrors as a well.

Genuine ones are expensive:

RRC8443 - Wing Mirror Arm Defender Wolf

But there are alternatives:

Defender Mirror with Extended Wolf Type Arm - Paddock Spares

Just picked up a 2nd hand quadtech back for my 130 as going to get rid of the HC tub nd fit this on as a gear carrier and call out vehicle, new doors ordered and a few more bits to revive the old girl, going to repaint her as well to hopefully, eventually look a little like this picture, any advice on spraying or painting the plastic of the back body?

1459200095454.jpg.dee9fe8413deba1a4ca8b1370f60a22c.jpg

I had a call from someone in the next village to me who had found me via AT. He has bought a 130 that came with a tipper back. He doesn't want the tipper back and is looking to sell the body, sub frame, LED beacons, tipping gear and tipping controller so he can replace it with a drop side back. My first impression is it a fair body that looks like it will unbolt from his truck and bolt straight onto another 130 giving a usable work truck. The body is steel and has a bit of rust but for a sensible priced body it would do a good job. The body has a full width tool locker fitted with roller shutter doors at boths sides and comes with the keys. He openly admits he is poor with regards to IT skills so asked me to post a few pics. He can be contacted on 07595938558. I don't personally know the seller and know nothing more about the body. For more info give him a ring.

Before you ask no he won't sell the land rover as is.

Location is Huddersfield, West Yorkshire

IMG_3495small.jpg.6de79388a31e1cff2d659bb5457e7ddb.jpg

IMG_3496small.jpg.0be3044456d038afd5ddfb1502e41188.jpg

IMG_3497small.jpg.6e7968075b2fb5c531ece8465e5ab268.jpg

IMG_3499small.jpg.862b2d23837ba8166c3d8749edd76170.jpg

IMG_3501small.jpg.390a8799c45654ed145ccd46efad7c67.jpg