The Land Rover Appreciation Group.

John Hancock

We recently competed in a competion called King of the Valleys at Walters Arena, Nr Port Talbot, South Wales. it was a two day event over a 19 mile course which you had to drive four time invloving rocks, water sections and forestry tracks.

King of the Valleys

Friday night was the prologue to ascertain the starting order for the Saturday, we had a slow time and started no30 IIRC. However, we had some good runs and soon moved up to 10th for most of the weekend and finished 13th overall which is a good result considering one axle on some of the trucks is worth more than our truck complete.

Saturday was very dry and dusty and Sunday was damp after heavy rain overnight. There was some winching over the rock sections and one or two of the watercourses.

The winner was a buggy from Spain, 2nd was a buggy from England, 3rd was a Land Rover from south Wales.

most of the top vehicles were Land Rover based.

KOV1.jpg (104.3 KB)

KOV2.jpg (90.7 KB)

KOV3.jpg (74.4 KB)

KOV4.jpg (105.3 KB)

KOV5.jpg (101.0 KB)

KOV5.jpg.13239d6eecd299f80b456bbf8448ccde.jpg

KOV4.jpg.8f6d7aef5e6747cb2f67c166394867d2.jpg

KOV3.jpg.fa3967425529e154917894005cd9910f.jpg

KOV2.jpg.a9a31b2f4ec4e5912eedbfa169865f87.jpg

KOV1.jpg.2394eba43cd9ae853545e6f1b6346ce9.jpg

Here's my truck.I bought it as a chassis cab , twisted bonnet , mangled roof , shot rear X member , mouldy electrics , mangledhalfshafts etc etc. I replaced everything , back to bare metal , several coats of paint ( roller) , Terrafirma expedtion shocks , springs , + 2 lift , BF hoses , hd shafts and drivemembers.Found an old utilities box body , cut it down and bolted it on.Bought a new 12v power pack & 4 stage 3.5 ton bottle ram and made up a new tipping bed and sides.All using a cheapy Aldi stick welder.I put two storage cages in under the tipping bed which are accessed by screwing off the tie down eyes.The pump and split charge battery is fitted in the storage box.After a years work it passed its DOE (MOT) last Saturday.It got 4 days solid driving and work this week . Currently making a roof rack for it and will be fitting a water heater for handwash.Have to say I absoleutely hated it for the last few weeks before it's test but now love it :001_smile: Here's a few pics and theres a few hundred in the photobucket album showing various stages , linked below

2012-09-04100232.jpg

2012-09-04100501.jpg

2012-09-04100310.jpg

2012-09-04100343.jpg

2012-09-04141053.jpg

http://photobucket.com/arbtruck

They're of the blue box variety.The heads are LR tho.TBH they're ok and give plenty of vision.Little bit of play in them tho but no shaking when driving , yet . I originally had a set of standard arms bolted to a bit of 40 x 20 box section but these new ones were given to me by a good friend.

Cheers for that, Ive been looking at getting some for mine but heard some of the britpart ones either wont fold, or fold when driving. Bearmach are supposed to be bringing some out but are a long time coming!

HI 18 you heard right mate we have britpart ones and they fold when driving there coming off soon :thumbdown:jon :thumbup: