In Desperate times...My Silky saves the day!

silky fox

Still can,t seem to find any local work:blushing: the last couple of nearby firms were just unproffessional beyond belief...if it wasn,t for my Rural friends on Arbtalk i,d be stacking shelves in my local Tesco:001_rolleyes:...anyway...stiff upper lip and crack on! Didn,t leave my Study all day...just job searching...went out late afternoon to check for Autumn colour. Robarb,Hama and O.M.T.C it,s looking good...just hope for Sun to enhance it :thumbup1:

597661f02a736_Autumncolouralmost008.jpg.6a466a38fa5c2f7ec12ccb0efeb2fde0.jpg

597661f0282c1_Autumncolouralmost007.jpg.e4539cd11bacb9bd646a28f4ac580646.jpg

597661f024383_Autumncolouralmost003.jpg.727a98bc2a28c12b5e9b81070701eb06.jpg

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDc2muUQycA&list=FLsDmEBx4OAHHStGj24rR4nQ&feature=player_detailpage]The Cure - A Forest (deep Forest remix + Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame] Been listening to this today. One of my favourite songs ..."A Forest" by the CURE. First released single in 1980 originally but from the remixed album.."All Mixed up"...

Silky, if the local outfits are so unprofessional, what about bidding for the jobs yourself. Once your name gets around by word of mouth you're bound to have a steady trickle of jobs to mix in with the travelling arborist commitments. Enough to keep you going till another position comes up at Kew anyhow. Till that happens I cant see you being released from travelling arborist duties - the readership will be up in arms without regular reports.:thumbup1:

Good advice but i am merely a worker...Kew is my home for the next year or so..it,s far away enough from London to be quiet and peaceful and my home is lovely and i am able to think here..my girlfriend lives less than a mile away and i enjoy cycling between the Narrow boats where i first landed here...via Kew Royal Botanic Gardens (Mecca) up to Richmond Park...i would just like to offer my services close to these benefits.I have been documenting the last 5 or 6 years of my life and tree work...my thread will be rolling where ever i work....Something will occur..i like working for Delabodge in Twyford a couple of days a week but at nearly 45,a short cycle of a few miles each day to work,would be ideal:001_smile: i am very happy for the rest of the year but i set my sights very high and know i am destined to be manager or something similar...i love every aspect of Arboriculture. But one thing sticks in my mind and that is something a Contracts manager said to me during one of my many Apraisals i have had over the last 5 years in Urban Forestry in Central London..in his summing up he said,"i reccomend that you be put on the National tech Certificate","You are an oustanding Team Leader and motivator"...that is my greatest asset and i am well aware of it...so therein lies my dilema...That is what i have to aim for now...on a final note before i head of to the hammock for some Big ZZZZED,S.....here is where i get my inspiration from...Men like this Austrian....Felix who is shown here seconds after his attempt to jump from the edge of space today was aborted....i admire people like this a lot.....if Felix can do it...so can i:thumbup: (Become a team leader...not jump from 23 miles to earth from up in space:001_rolleyes:)...

597661f0437d1_felix-baumgartner-edgeofspace.jpg.fbb1bba2e3010bfa56cd412c2eba59aa.jpg

art-Felix-620x349.jpg.00fe385a77e550e8b562c69a71c0ad45.jpg