Wages

grumpydavesmith

Groundsman only=£7.50

inexperienced climber=£8:75

experienced climber=£10

team leader=£11.25

+the odd cash bonus now and then

Love to pay the guys more and as the business grows maybe I will be able to but by my calculations this Is what I can afford without running the business into the ground!!

Cheers Rich

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But then it's on the books wages. So in theory it doesn't matter what you work like ou are still going to get an hourly wage. Only real exception is groundie, climber etc.

Example. Groundie A could be a lazy tyke that does the bear min for his wage

Groundie B could be the hardest worker in history who does everything without moaning

But in a company on the books they will still get the same money just everyone will want to work with B and he will stand out I front of he bosses and progress to higher things.

I am not a fully qualified groundie but have 5 years of experience

Got my 30 and that's it

Can do whats asked of me and

Can drive most machines can use most bits of kit been with the same company for years but only just gone full time and I'm on £5

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

£5 a week! Thats awful Tom. Come and work for me and I'll give you a 200% raise:lol:

another factor to consider, is the rise of the self-employed groundie. 10 or 15 years ago, groundies were generally on the cards and the only self-employed lads were climbers. In this area in particular, there are loads of blokes working on the ground on a s/e basis, no sick pay, holiday pay and no overtime. They are just employed on a casual basis and most have no tickets. Some of these guys are using saws and felling and a good few are climbing here and there too. Rates of pay are pretty tough at the moment, most of these blokes should be on the cards and are not and are earning £40 to £60 a day.

But then it's on the books wages. So in theory it doesn't matter what you work like ou are still going to get an hourly wage. Only real exception is groundie, climber etc.

Example. Groundie A could be a lazy tyke that does the bear min for his wage

Groundie B could be the hardest worker in history who does everything without moaning

But in a company on the books they will still get the same money just everyone will want to work with B and he will stand out I front of he bosses and progress to higher things.

Why?, just because people are employed that does not mean they are all on the same rate.

Got my 30 and that's it

Can drive most machines can use most bits of kit been with the same company for years but only just gone full time and I'm on £5

Are you taking the pizz?

Got my 30 and that's it

I'm sure that's below minimum wage?? Are you calculating that rate by what gets paid into you're bank?

congratulations on getting a job tho mate!!