Wages

grumpydavesmith

Hi all,

I'm doing a bit of research into how much people in our industry get paid per hour as the company i work for i believe are not up to scratch in certain areas. evryone at our place is paid different and there seems to be no continuity or fairness. some of the young lads for example are paid just short of £9 per hour whereas the more " experienced are paid £11.50. so any way id be interested to know the pay in the following areas.

Groundsman only?

inexperienced climber

experienced climber

team leader

i know this can be a complicated area with people with different quals etc, but lets assume everyone is cs30,31,38,39, and team leaders also have 32,41

i know pay can be a sensitive subject with people and your boss may be watching too, so if you would prefer to pm then do so. your results will remain confidential. i will publish the results wonce i collated all the info.

could you also add what county your from too.

Many thanks in advance

Dave

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see the issue here. "young lads" are obviously going to be paid less than "more experienced".

When I started in the industry I was on £60 a day when the climber was being paid £95 a day. I didn't have a problem with that because I was relatively inexperienced.

Morel of the story is get good at the job and then get paid more, or if you don't, move jobs so you do.

Area is a big factor as well! People up north dont seem to pay as much as down south or even teams that live in big city's! I have 30,31,32,38,39, 41 and soon to have my MEWP and trailer licence and am on £8.75 and I have done the job for 3 years!

ouch, I was on that wage when I was last employed 5 years ago!

I am not a fully qualified groundie but have 5 years of experience

Got my 30 and that's it

Can do whats asked of me and

Can drive most machines can use most bits of kit been with the same company for years but only just gone full time and I'm on £5

Sent from my GT-S5830i using Tapatalk 2

I like the idea Dave, but I think that there are too many variables to get a true reflection. Like what treequip says. Then there is punctuality, people who can work better in a group, polite and able to talk sense to customers, people who don't mind working on to finish a job without a moan! The list can go on and on.