are we too expensive - cancelled order

Joy Yeomans

Customers are goofy about things like your situation. I am sure you will sell the item in time, of course the meter is still running and I don't blame you about wanting to bang your head against the wall. Take a non refundable deposit for the future and move forward, this to shall pass.

easy-lift guy

had a lady order a larger version of our picnic table and benches made out of cedar of lebanon 8x2 s and 4x4s for legs etc so good and solid, heavy,

the pics dont really show it how big it is, as its made to seat 10/12 people took us a few days to make and a day to finish hand sand etc

she was insistant emails back and forth when she wanted it, dimensions, etc didnt take a deposit as she looked straight enough

now shes back from two weeks holiday when we should be delivering it too her she says she cant afford it and has cancelled buying it :thumbdown:

we were charging £750 for the benches and two tables to include VAT and delivery

oh and price was agreed, but her email today informs me "she cant afford it"

I would write to her and say that as it is a custom made item to her specification, you require her to either pay the £750 for the item she ordered, or a cancellation fee of, say, £100.

See what she responds. You may just be lucky that she coughs up the £100. And if she doesn't you would have scared her away from doing a similar trick in the future. In any case it won't cost you anything to try to reclaim some of your investment.