Your opinions on the best ropes for SRT?

danholls

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Currently I'm using Sterling HTP and for access I really like it very static but just enough give for absorption I probably should replace it, it's been in use over 5 years now, not sure I,d want to work srt off it other than the odd bit here and there.

I wonder if you can still get the American Poison Ivy through sherrils compared to what was sold over here that stuff was very static.

Marc, are you still on the HTP? If not have you replaced it & what with?

Blue tongue any good in your opinion for access? Is that a line you would think of as a replacement?

Marc, are you still on the HTP? If not have you replaced it & what with?

Blue tongue any good in your opinion for access? Is that a line you would think of as a replacement?

No still on the 10mm Sterling HTP aka snakebite. As much as I always try to get something different each time I'll probably get another 70m of Snakebite.

Blue tongue I think is the same as the lime rope I'm using now, I wouldn't like it as an access line as 70m is going to be bulky and will not work well with toothed ascenders as the outer is to loose and prone to damage.

I don't want to upset the ropewrench guys they are a sensitive bunch, but when I do go to the dark side I'll probably still use 2 separate systems as I just like leaving a separate access line in the tree with its own srt set-up separate from my work system.

I do like the look of what Adam uses I think it's Yale kernmaster 11m? Probably worth a punt.

Or even Beal antipodes 11m it's industrial access line and because it doesn't come in fancy dancy colours aimed at Arborist you can find good deals.

I paid £66 for my 200ft Mammut power static 10mm!! Which I gave to Hugh.

No still on the 10mm Sterling HTP aka snakebite. As much as I always try to get something different each time I'll probably get another 70m of Snakebite.

Blue tongue I think is the same as the lime rope I'm using now, I wouldn't like it as an access line as 70m is going to be bulky and will not work well with toothed ascenders as the outer is to loose and prone to damage.

I don't want to upset the ropewrench guys they are a sensitive bunch, but when I do go to the dark side I'll probably still use 2 separate systems as I just like leaving a separate access line in the tree with its own srt set-up separate from my work system.

I do like the look of what Adam uses I think it's Yale kernmaster 11m? Probably worth a punt.

Or even Beal antipodes 11m it's industrial access line and because it doesn't come in fancy dancy colours aimed at Arborist you can find good deals.

Cheers Marc, I am also looking for an access only line then change over to something else for work which I can swap from drt to srt because thats the way I like to climb now.

I will look up the lines you have mentioned & the one you use & go form their once I have saved the £'s up for 70m or more (you know what my throw line targeting is like:blushing:)

I do think the fancy colors for arbs are a benefit at least for me coz I do have to work some places where cutting my lines if they cant be seen is a bit of a hazard:sneaky2: thats another story...

I don't want to upset the hitch hiker thread guys they are a sensitive bunch, but when I do go to the dark side I'll probably still use 2 separate systems as I just like leaving a separate access line in the tree with its own srt set-up separate from my work system.

Just edited it for you :lol::001_rolleyes::001_tongue:

Yale Kernmaster all the way, sublime line, and becomes dynamic if you fall!

If I recall rightly 16 falls before retirement. I have been looking at a few lines so may have mixed up my info, but a static line that dose this (I think the nature of kern structure ropes this is an advantage for tree work applications) is this why you went for this line Ian?

Wrong of me. It was on the beal site that gave the cycles to retirement/failure on their static line..

Edited by Danavan
wrong info

So for best of both worlds, has anyone used hpt (snakebite) srwp or is yale kernmaster the way to go? Seems like alot of uk arbs like the kern for this application due to as Ian said the dynamic quality's in the event of a fall.

I'm guessing this is also an advantage when using toothed assenders in access only situations within the tree work industry.