Your opinions on the best ropes for SRT?

danholls

So for best of both worlds, has anyone used hpt (snakebite) srwp or is yale kernmaster the way to go? Seems like alot of uk arbs like the kern for this application due to as Ian said the dynamic quality's in the event of a fall.

I'm guessing this is also an advantage when using toothed assenders in access only situations within the tree work industry.

Snake bit top tied is very static, base tied you have twice the rope so a little more cushion.

I wish I knew more about this, but my understanding is toothed ascendor a are design to cut the outer sheath of kernmantle rope at around 4kn to 6kn causing it to bunch up and absorb a fall, I believe this is correct but could be wrong.

I had heard about some testing that was done with falls onto rope with toothed ascenders, if you are using with a more durable outer common in arb ropes the outer sheath will not fail and you run the risk of blowing the cam on the ascendor, it would be rare but possible.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea I can see that working in the way you say & sure I have read the same some place too. Cheers Marc.

Therefor working srwp on both rope constructions with a rw shouldn't make much difference in the event of a fall apart from the load generated on your body due to the nature of rope capture through device & knot as apposed toothed device on a static drop in an assent situation only.

• 1 year later...
Another thread about SRT ropes? Surly there's enough info on here already to read through Al??

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

You're right. I posted on this one and the thread disappeared. So I posted on the other thread and this one reappeared.

Strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app.