Where does the money go?

Dave123

I cut and chuck when I can Huck, but I've often wondered how you would cope with an 18" diameter horizontal limb above targets like we often have to?

I agree about the danger thing generally, but we all do gnarly stuff from time to time.

I never felt threatened by todays Buddleiah reductions, however.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most

Ty, neither whack, smug nor cock are offensive words, according to the Oxford English Dictionary. So I make no apology for their use on a public forum. :001_rolleyes:

As General Melchet once said in Blackadder goes forth.

" Security is not a dirty word...Crevice is!"

Ty :001_tt2:

, but I really hate reading post where people say how macho and brave they are for "risking their lives every day", because that really is not my experience.

Right, so no one is allowed to say the tree industry has danger in case they are labeled as macho.

I can only speak from my own experience, but I really hate reading post where people say how macho and brave they are for "risking their lives every day", because that really is not my experience.

Tbh I see it exactly the opposite.

Have more than on one occasion heard someone go on saying how easy and a piece of piss something is so they look 'harder'.

Anyway your logic on 'dangerous' is flawed, I'll prove it to you later.:001_smile::001_tongue:

Tbh I see it exactly the opposite.

Have more than on one occasion heard someone go on saying how easy and a piece of piss something is so they look 'harder'.

Anyway your logic on 'dangerous' is flawed, I'll prove it to you later.:001_smile::001_tongue:

That's a contradiction in terms....If it's easy it can't be 'ard:001_smile:

Although I agree treework generalised is dangerous compared to others trades Huck deffinately has a valid point, it was just a point made in his usual way (no offence)

When I say dangerous I mean it has more element of risk. You have to make more decisions for it to become safe.

Of course, if you were to look at it like Skyhuck has, nothing is dangerous in tree work as long as you calculate the decisions correctly.

If you are climbing a tree you genuinely think is going to fail then youve already missed the 'danger boat'. You should of hired a mewp before getting your spikes on.

But an electrician can pull out a fuse or turn the electric off a tree is not suddenly safe because a professional is about

Apparently it is safer than other trades Around a building site.

Statistics - Construction industry

No where near the amount of injury general building workers experience.

Are you a ... tree surgeon?

Fatalities are quite high, you can see. 26 fatalities over 9 years doesn't make it a highly dangerous job, statistically.

Statistics - Fatal injury statistics for 2011/12

To cut it short, in 12 years 948 people have been killed in the construction industry, and in 9 years 26 tree surgeon have been killed.

Interesting.

Edited by Dave123

So I know nothing of trees or tree surgery but I'd like to know what is going on when I pay out so much money.

So I have conifers to come out, about 5 of which are 20 to 25ft tall and up to 8ft wide. A couple of big fat ones about 35ft tall by maybe 15-20ft wide and 4 or 5 inbetweeners, young so thin but quite tall.

Is there a way to roughly knw how much I should be charged for this, it seems something quite difficult to put a price on but I expect it would be maybe two days to process these, fell, chip and take away.

I've had a couple of quotes but it seems high.

Any ideas?

In the north.

Hi, i'v not read past replies from the first page, but if you post some photo's i will gladly give you an idea of what i would charge, also describe the access including parking area and targets and exactly what you want doing with the arisings ie full site clearance , chip to stay, cord wood to stay, cord wood to be logged, and what about the stump? grinding or ground level finish?