Log theft

Dean Lofthouse

I've been down to the yard and put some more barbed wire up.

I thought my unsplit log piles were getting smaller !!

I noticed today there was a footpath forming where people are going round my fence to throw rings over the small fence to a waiting vehicle.

I can see fresh marks where the rings have been hitting the deck, they are doing it that often the grass is wearing into a footpath.

At this rate I'm going to end up short on next years supply, I've never known it so bad for logs going missing.

I'd go and sit with the shotgun and frighten the barstewards to death but it's knowing what time and day it's happening to avoid being sat about for hours on end every night.

I have one of those motion sensing poachers cameras but there's quite a lot of traffic movement which would give false triggers.

I don't like barbed wire but I've had to set some at bolloks height inbetween some scrub, they'll be coming in the dark and wont expect it.

Barstewards

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been down to the yard and put some more barbed wire up.

I thought my unsplit log piles were getting smaller !!

I noticed today there was a footpath forming where people are going round my fence to throw rings over the small fence to a waiting vehicle.

I can see fresh marks where the rings have been hitting the deck, they are doing it that often the grass is wearing into a footpath.

At this rate I'm going to end up short on next years supply, I've never known it so bad for logs going missing.

I'd go and sit with the shotgun and frighten the barstewards to death but it's knowing what time and day it's happening to avoid being sat about for hours on end every night.

I have one of those motion sensing poachers cameras but there's quite a lot of traffic movement which would give false triggers.

I don't like barbed wire but I've had to set some at bolloks height inbetween some scrub, they'll be coming in the dark and wont expect it.

Barstewards

have you got an electric supply, cheap cctv system is all I can think of to a PC in your building, 3 level electric fence hidden in the scrub also, so you can zap their balls as well as the barb wire:mad1:

You gonna put doors and walls on that new "shed" of yours then or just electric cow / horse tape with some extra bite?

I know it's bad in your wood mate, but a hotel I work at had the locked door taken off their wood store and the contents (10-12 cu m of ready to burn logs) swiped.