votes to save a woodland from the developers

While I might be inclined to support your cause Tony, I tend to harden my stance when people play the guilt game. I have no reason to doubt that others do to - so you might find it counterproductive to infer that anyone not immediately jumping on your latest bandwagon is against saving trees! :)

The other thing that lessens my interest is that you seem proudly ignorant about the specifics of the threat! To my mind, it is the threat that determines whether I consider that the investment of my support is worthwhile. It's hard to judge whether a cause is credible if the person asking for your support uses the words "blah blah" in their description of its seriousness.

Finally, and this is the critical matter; in addition to checking that the cause is relevant to your target audience , you should be sure that your target audience is relavant to your cause. This appears to be an LDF consultation (as identified by HCR above) and as I am not a resident of Hastings, I would be surprised if my opinion as a resident of Norfolk carries much weight. The campaign website seems to suggest that they will (quite reasonably IMO) use the double edged sword of localism in their fight...

"The Friends of Speckled Wood believes this is not democratic and as the government believes in Localism, the choice should be with the people from the local area."

So that's neither Huck nor I is it? :)

My friends are involved, so i was trying to help my friends, and doing as much as I could.

your right of course and should have looked into the details first, but planning is not my strong point.

I wasnt trying to play the guilt game, I was merely asking folk I largely consider friends to do as I have for mine, its O.K I get the stance, I was ameteurish and got a response fitting it. thanks to everyone for all the info, its appreciaed, as I said I know very little about these issues.:thumbup1:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a different angle to Tony S, sometimes the friendly, matey blah blah blah approach can work with some people. Though I tend to agree that it is a very local issue for local folk. But I do wish them all the success in their quest, and in your aim to help them.

From a different angle to Tony S, sometimes the friendly, matey blah blah blah approach can work with some people. Though I tend to agree that it is a very local issue for local folk. But I do wish them all the success in their quest, and in your aim to help them.

If only local folk bothered protested to the FC sell off we would be seeing a different if not non existent woodland coverage in the u.k

it was the Nations voice that overturned it, not a few, but the many.

nations start changes not a handful of folk in a small town, they reached out, as did I on their behalf.

At the end of the day, it's a wood that really doesn't need to be developed, a green island in a sea of houses. If my name on the list makes a difference then you've got it. And I've never even been to Hastings, or Brighton, or Eastbourne........

thanks, all im trying to do is help these guys protect what is a green and wooded island in a see of houses, look at it on the map! o.k so they are only proposing a little encroachment THIS time, but how big was this wood 100 years ago? how big will it be if we continue to turn a blind eye.

I played in a wood in an urban zone just like this as a kid, its been built on like all the others close by, and they wonder why kids hang around shops and cause chaos these days,:thumbdown:

Just had a look at the map there and that is simply scandalous if that gets developed on . The locals arent even getting a NO DEVELOPMENT option which is completely undemocratic and corporate bullying . Hope for the right outcome here . :thumbup1:

Get the local kids and schools involved , convince them they would be missing an important part of their education if this goes . I had a walk round a wood in Huntly lately and there was loads of kids there with their teachers , it was PART of their curricullum . :001_smile:

Get the local kids and schools involved , convince them they would be missing an important part of their education if this goes . I had a walk round a wood in Huntly lately and there was loads of kids there with their teachers , it was PART of their curricullum . :001_smile:

Good idea, pressure from protesting kids :thumbup: raise awareness of these eco issues which are hot at the moment from a young age. A new generation of Eco-warriors!

If only local folk bothered protested to the FC sell off we would be seeing a different if not non existent woodland coverage in the u.k

it was the Nations voice that overturned it, not a few, but the many.

But that sell off was national, so we were all local.