New Chain Problems on Husky 240

derwen

Hi, looking for some advice. I have a Husky 240 for light work which has a 14" bar and have just bought an 18" bar and chain to suit from local dealer. The bar is an Oregon and rge chain is a Husky 21. Tried fitting the chain and bar today and all look OK until tried turning the chain after tensioning. The chain moves for a couple of links and then wont budge forwatd or back. If I slacken the tension the chain dropps off the bar. Tried tensioning again and same thig happens. When I turn the saw over to look at the sprocket it looks if the cahin is trying to run from inside of sprocket to out side of sprocket - thought maybe a bent link, but when I lay the chain flat it looks OK. Any ideas, although I'm going back to the delear to see if they can sort, but if there is soemthing obvious that more experienced people on here know could save me a "RED FACE". Fair to say I have only used Stihls in the past so I may be not doing something right. Many thanks

Yes the small bar is 3/8th and the new bar is .325. The new chain has Husqvarna stamped on it and 21. The new bar is an Oregon, the new chain came in an Oregon box with 21 LPX written on it. Can't find any info on Husqvarna chains. Does anyone know if an Oregon 21 LPX is the same as a Husqvarna 21. Thanks

I asked the delear if I needed to cahnge the sprocket to match the new chain and bar as one was 3/8yh and the other is .325 but he said no. Need to go back and speak to them again.. Thanks for help,

I wouldn't have too much faith in the dealer in that case!

Try contacting Rob D, he's one of the site sponsors on here and runs www.chainsawbars.co.uk

He'll sort you out with the right gear.