Milk it

Rich2484

Most tractors are made abroad but we have some fantastic machinery manufactures in this country. Houseman Bateman Sands and GMR sprayers, Cousins Watkins and Tim Howard cultivators, Bailey trailers and JCB machinery, Dale and Claydon drills. It wont be long until you could kit your half farm with UK made kit.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exept for the big one. Tractors. Well exept jcb fastrac. And the new one they have out that doesn't look like a giant quad bike.

So to say that we import machinery and say its like not buying British is a bit wrong IMO as there is not really another choice.

Yeah Im going to say that its import due to the uk not actually making it in country. Exept for jcb, and a make of hedge cutter that I can't remember.

Another thing that was packed in in this country and moved abroad.

Bomford's make flails and toppers:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would gladly pay an extra 10p litr to keep the farmers going, i believe in supporting them as much as possible. They help to create the countryside we all enjoy.

Are you sure thats right? What happened to thousands of miles of hedgerows we used to have? Why aren't there any fish in our streams? Where have all the hay meadows gone? Why have the numbers of birds in our countryside plummetted?

If you ask me, the majority of farmers don't 'look after the countryside' they have systematically destroyed it over the last 50 years in the persuit of profit. And the worst part about it is that the Common Agricultural Policy (our taxes) has paid them to do it!

Just my opinion of course :001_smile:

The local Agricultural people around here purchase wooden fencing posts from Poland and tractors from elsewhere abroad so cannot think the public will often purchase local produced milk.

I know that "Milking" a herd is hard work and difficult to take breaks from the farm but it's market forces and few additional industries have so much funding from taxes like Agriculture.

Should sell direct and produce ice cream.....

Are you sure thats right? What happened to thousands of miles of hedgerows we used to have? Why aren't there any fish in our streams? Where have all the hay meadows gone? Why have the numbers of birds in our countryside plummetted?

If you ask me, the majority of farmers don't 'look after the countryside' they have systematically destroyed it over the last 50 years in the persuit of profit. And the worst part about it is that the Common Agricultural Policy (our taxes) has paid them to do it!

Just my opinion of course :001_smile:

But now they have the stewardship scheme that means they have to leave a barrier a certain meteridge away from the centre of a hedge to allow wildlife and the like to grow.

Also new laws on set aside. But of course this scheme is also gov funded from tax payers.