More protection in climbing PPE..?

Acer Forestry

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why bother, youre skin is waterproof.

skin is waterproof, but i am not going to walk about all day in the skud, you must be one of those axe men heros. personally i dont like being soaked to the baws all day, then get a chill, catch a cold and have arthritis by the time i am 35. if you are so tough why are you wearing a 120quid jacket that is meant to be waterproof.

skin is waterproof, but i am not going to walk about all day in the skud, you must be one of those axe men heros. personally i dont like being soaked to the baws all day, then get a chill, catch a cold and have arthritis by the time i am 35. if you are so tough why are you wearing a 120quid jacket that is meant to be waterproof.

Sounds like you had a sleepless night maybe, I dont like being soaked either. You wont get a chill if you keep working and change as soon as you can. I only work in the rain if I get caught out and have to finish a job. I cant see a £120 jacket, youre probably looking at my foresters top at £30. Cheer up, dont be so touchy.:001_smile:

didnt mean to be touchy:001_smile:, i have been doing this job for years. tried all the bin bag things, changed as soon as i could, taken 3 t shirts to work. have loads of fancy waterproofs that sit in the mog because they are to warm or clumbersome.

i just want a waterproof t shirt:scared1:. sorry if i sounded tetchy, but i thought you were wearing one of those 120 quid still jackets that i bought because they were meant to be light stretchy and waterproof and now live under the seat in the van most of the time.:001_smile:

i remember when i first started arb work, working with a bloke tony knows very well, that put someone in ballistics, and give them a saw, they'll think theyre invincible.

give someone a saw and a pair of levis, and theyll respect the saw, and the danger.

imagine a bunch of 17yr olds at arb college, wrapped in kevlar. . .there will be alot more ppe with saw marks

i remember when i first started arb work, working with a bloke tony knows very well, that put someone in ballistics, and give them a saw, they'll think theyre invincible.

give someone a saw and a pair of levis, and theyll respect the saw, and the danger.

imagine a bunch of 17yr olds at arb college, wrapped in kevlar. . .there will be alot more ppe with saw marks

Good point!!!!!

I started using a saw nearly 20 years ago, would be felling and logging up dead Elm's in my shorts and trainers.

I was only cutting my own fire wood.

what this industry needs is a waterproof t-shirt, i have asked loads of outdoor shops over the years but they give me a funny look.

Same here.

Plus waterproof chainsaw pants and waterproof jacket(non protective obviously :001_smile:)

Spent hundreds on waterproof gear over the years and nothing works properly, probably ok if your standing still in the rain but as soon as you do a bit of graft it starts to soak through.

what this industry needs is a waterproof t-shirt, i have asked loads of outdoor shops over the years but they give me a funny look.

I want waterproof sandals. T shirt won't be waterproof due to the massive holes in the arms and neck. Only way to prevent water getting in is to extend them. Imagine a tshirt with extended arms and neck to make it waterproof. Here's what it might look like....

52be_1_bl.jpg.0e0e7398fee4161f407550c9c19535f7.jpg