Great service FR Jones - shame about my Stein mini-reach

Andrew Barrett

My Stein mini-reach gave up the ghost after eight months of infrequent use. The last section with the hook on the end fell off. On the first day I used it the flimsy little metal ring that attaches the supplied mini carabiner to the mini-reach broke and the mini-reach fell off my belt out of the tree. I'd only been using it for half and hour! It's a great idea and very useful for retrieving the rope on rigging jobs - but Stein needs to make it more robust.

On the other hand, I rang FR Jones to let them know it broke. I sent it back 2nd class post and received a replacement 3 days later with no quibbles. Keep up the good work FR Jones!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonesies are great arnt they!!!!! Shame about stien though! I bought a bag for my lanyard at the show and it lasted two hours before it ripped!!:thumbdown:

Jonesie is a class act.¨

One of my Stein Bags broke travelling across the Car Park at the APF,then the other one broke at the Airport.Least yours made it to work.

Thank you all for you kind comments.

Before this turns into a Stein bashing thread, it was stein that replaced the mini reach for you and it is the first one I've had back with a problem. I hope the new one gives you no grief.:001_smile:

With the stein lanyard bag can you send us a picture of it, as Stein will replace it for you if it's faulty.:001_smile:

Out of all the manufactures Stein are one of the best to deal with on after sales and quick, normally a picture emailed to us and it's sorted within 24 hours.

We have returns from all makes, sometimes down to a fault on an item, or damaged in transit. We need to be informed and we can get it sorted for you, in most cases within 24 hours.

We did have a 25 litre chain oil go bang in a fedex van last week, the guy threw something on top of it, bet that made a mess.:001_smile:

Edited by Jonesie

Barrettltd, I am sorry you have experienced a problem but hope you are happy with your replacement arranged through Justin.

I am sure despite this miss-hap you found the product useful and beneficial?

When the mini-reach was originaly tested it took over 20kg of load to pull the ring apart and over 45kg to pull the mini-reach apart. To put this weight in to perspective a Stihl MS880 weighs 10kg.

The mini-reach is supplied with the following Product Warning attached:

“Do not operate or carry this device near electrical power lines as it conducts electricity. Contact with power lines may result in injury or death. Never use in weather where there is a risk of lighting strikes. Never apply extreme pressure to the mini-reach as this can cause the device to flex and ultimately break. For best performance keep the device lubricated with a lubrication spray. Not for use as PPE”

The mini-reach could be supplied from new with a full size karabiner but this would add an extra £8 - £10 on to the price of the product (current market price £12.50+vat).

Remember for heavier rigging jobs we also have the Outreach priced at £48.00. Please read review: http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/rigging-hardware/24856-review-outreach-tool.html