alpine tractor

Stephen Blair

you already got loads of toys and you want more!! u must have too much money:001_tt2:!!! that nice mog :001_tt1: and the big vomit. and now you want one of these bad boys!!!:001_tongue:

I have a beautiful new son,an amazing other son, a great wife and mum to my kids, my life outwith work is so good, i am bored out my head with my job, so i keep buying kit to satisfy that gap. It lasts for a while then wears out. All i used to do is work, i never new what a private life was. But it pays the bills, and puts food on the table. :001_tongue: those wee tractors are cool though.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whereabouts are you in the Borders Tom? I think I passed a BCS (blue ones?) w/loader working a roadside copse just west of Duns a month or two back. I nearly bought a Carraro off Lee Lightburn a few years ago and keep wishing i had.

sounds like me. was it mowing?

Couldn't stop to see Tom, I was hauling livestock. By the old gates to Langton IIRC.

btw has anyone seen Metrac/Aebi type alpine tractors used here? Not much use for trailer work I imagine, but possibly a useful tool carrier, I've seen them fitted with winches & flails etc in Switzerland, even a 3pl backhoe once.

Couldn't stop to see Tom, I was hauling livestock. By the old gates to Langton IIRC.

btw has anyone seen Metrac/Aebi type alpine tractors used here? Not much use for trailer work I imagine, but possibly a useful tool carrier, I've seen them fitted with winches & flails etc in Switzerland, even a 3pl backhoe once.

Very good machine for steep banks but very expensive.

Quite a few Aebi's around here County council highways use em for mowing embankments and EA use them for flood bank work

Yup, can't be too many of those around Berwickshire. What weight's the loader good for? There's a series of threads on the US tractor boards about Carraros w/loaders snapping in half, allegedly thin gearbox castings on some models. Different company of course.

I live near Eyemouth Tom.