Chainsaw ban!

Mark Bolam

Does a hire company have a duty of care to ensure that the operators/hirers are competent in the use of equipment before they hire it out? Or do they just assume you are competent and take the money?

They should really, but I bet most hire firms would fold if they started asking for tickets for all the equipment the hire out. I mean, there's a lot more dangerous equipment to hire than a chainsaw. :001_smile:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it takes the pixx, when the people say to me"its so easy when you have the right tools"

i always say there are plenty of chainsaws in the chainsaw shop if you want to give it a try.

Where is this "chainsaw shop"? haha sounds like a wonderful place.:001_tongue::001_tongue:

Where is this "chainsaw shop"? haha sounds like a wonderful place.:001_tongue::001_tongue:

the chain saw shop is a wonderfull place, its where i go when i close my eyes at night, it smells of two stroke and old spice. You can buy whatever you like and the invoice gets lost in the post. it has a canteen run by buxom nigella, you eat your lunch off little trays attached to border terries. She does a special 3 course pudding menu. Oh its a wonderful wonderful place. It is right beside the "monkeys with machine guns"shop another of my favourite places. It is run by the 3 mexicans. they got a diversification grant when they all came down with "pudding elbow" from helping nigella next door, with her special toblerone yorky surprise. There is no waiting period for the monkey when you buy an oozy. they just wrap it up for you go. there is a free red bull when you buy an AK orrangatang combo. Aahh how i love the my little world.:001_tongue:

Having a rant because I lost a nice (deadish) Birch dismantle in my own village. Quoted £200. Job was done by a couple of likely lads who went in at £100. Took 2 of them 2 full days (1st ladder wasn't long enough).

It's called life mate, happens all the time round here. You have just got to get on with it.

the chain saw shop is a wonderfull place, its where i go when i close my eyes at night, it smells of two stroke and old spice. You can buy whatever you like and the invoice gets lost in the post. it has a canteen run by buxom nigella, you eat your lunch off little trays attached to border terries. She does a special 3 course pudding menu. Oh its a wonderful wonderful place. It is right beside the "monkeys with machine guns"shop another of my favourite places. It is run by the 3 mexicans. they got a diversification grant when they all came down with "pudding elbow" from helping nigella next door, with her special toblerone yorky surprise. There is no waiting period for the monkey when you buy an oozy. they just wrap it up for you go. there is a free red bull when you buy an AK orrangatang combo. Aahh how i love the my little world.:001_tongue:
what a complete load of nonsense :thumbdown:

the borders would steal the lunch before they delivered it to you!!!! :001_tongue: