Old truck failed it's MOT

eggsarascal

I took my old Nissan Cabstar for it's MOT today and it failed :blushing: on the emissions test. The guy in the garage said it could be one of two or more things. Injectors, fuel pump and the likes.

What should i look at first ? or should i just weigh it in :001_smile:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stick a screwdriver through the air filter, get it tested and then fit a new air filter.

I worked for a guy who had a fairly new Hilux that would fail on emissions, he found putting a hole in the air filter sorted it ;)

Some diesels do smoke a bit when not driven hard now and again. You should have gone out and given it a good hard drive then re tested it.....

Forgot to mention this was the retest and i put a bottle of injector cleaner/diesel treatment in it and had a good hard run out in it yesterday.

Make sure the air filter is clean? is it burning oil? turn the fuel screw down on the injector pump, could be any of these.

Air filter is good and clean (not that old) it does not use any oil at all. The screw on the injector pump?? :biggrin:

Forgot to mention this was the retest and i put a bottle of injector cleaner/diesel treatment in it and had a good hard run out in it yesterday.

does take a while to get through the system, and makes smoke worse than ever in my opinion..... but should clear