Stein Dual, pre-load lever

RC0

I heard from a guy just yesterday on the web who cant seem to use the pre-load lever....even after a year or so of owning one If you either use a Stein Dual, or perhaps in the mindset to purchase one then you might want to take a look. If not then dont bother. Thanks

Switch to HD and turn up the volume.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QVHFZL8hqE]Stein Dual Pre load lever. - YouTube[/ame]

As usual a very clear and concise explanation,delivered in your laid back style that made it great Breakfast viewing Reg!...Fantastic looking location. Big fan of "Stein Arbortrolley" and single bollard device and now i can see that the pre-loader is a great bit of kit.

Ive never had a major problem with mine, the other day did a spread out tree few different pulleys on seperate stems a branch got hung up in a neighbouring tree we lifted it abit then it got to the point where the jaws would just slip on the rope. But i just accept its not a gcrs or hobbs its designed to preload and lift to a extent. I reackon there was to much friction up top and it just didnt have enough grip in the jaws to pull any more. We were useing a small rope 12/13 mm which didnt help things. I cant see how it would escape the jaws all together though with the gate down.

Thanks, it wasn't initially in my mind to put this on the forum, but just to send the link straight to the guy in the US.

Ive never had a major problem with mine, the other day did a spread out tree few different pulleys on seperate stems a branch got hung up in a neighbouring tree we lifted it abit then it got to the point where the jaws would just slip on the rope. But i just accept its not a gcrs or hobbs its designed to preload and lift to a extent. I reackon there was to much friction up top and it just didnt have enough grip in the jaws to pull any more. We were useing a small rope 12/13 mm which didnt help things. I cant see how it would escape the jaws all together though with the gate down.

Good to hear James, thanks.

Like any aspect of rigging, good foresight and planning is what makes things work, or not. When raising limbs the correct positions of the rigging point, rope attachment point and use of a hinge can work like a force multiplier....whereby you can stand something up thats twice as heavy as the force being applied.

Young Danny on the lever is only 17, 18 as I recall at the time....dont know what he's doing now, not trees though.... but when I hear experienced guys saying they cant figure this and that it kind of leaves me scratching my head.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_ZmEfuD2Os]RC3002 lifting web.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks, it wasn't initially in my mind to put this on the forum, but just to send the link straight to the guy in the US.

Good to hear James, thanks.

Like any aspect of rigging, good foresight and planning is what makes things work, or not. When raising limbs the correct positions of the rigging point, rope attachment point and use of a hinge can work like a force multiplier....whereby you can stand something up thats twice as heavy as the force being applied.

Young Danny on the lever is only 17, 18 as I recall at the time....dont know what he's doing now, not trees though.... but when I hear experienced guys saying they cant figure this and that it kind of leaves me scratching my head.

That vid is a cracker for showing the plus's if the device ive never really used the tension arm if im honest, but that vid has made me think maybe i should more often :thumbup1:

I heard from a guy just yesterday on the web who cant seem to use the pre-load lever....even after a year or so of owning one If you either use a Stein Dual, or perhaps in the mindset to purchase one then you might want to take a look. If not then dont bother. Thanks

Switch to HD and turn up the volume.

Great video. Never used a stein dual but I think you would have to be a real muppet not to be able too after your demo:thumbup1: