new capstans

Wish i cuold finde it again but i think it was on the tree tools or tree gear down under, they were selling what looked like a GRCS but with the solid ballard mounted above the winch so no having to swap over looked like it would be a pig to mount onto the tree but good to use. at the mo I am loving my RC3001 compared to the flying capsten for ease of use.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Tree Runner is a good light weight easy to use small bollard, only rated to 1000daN same as a big port-a-wrap, but perfect day to day.

As for ISC V Buckingham.... I'm with Buckingham never had a rope drop of the port-a-wrap as weight comes on and of the line as a branch comes pass another, the ISA caspstane oh Yes felt that heat and glove wear... cheers

Eiblings winch?:001_rolleyes:

Yeah I love that thing. I emailed with Steve Eiblings a few times and nearly bought one 'cos I'm a sucker for shiny and eventually I bought a Stein Dual.

The Dual serves me just fine and gets 10/10 but if we ever get back to a boom time I'll be getting a Smart Winch and strap it to everything (just cos it's shiny!)

:thumbup:

Would you want a cheap version though?

It's like Stella, reassuringly expensive.

I'm happy with my GRCS 2. Never used the fixed bollard, never had to. Think it might be good for a little choice to have a competitor? My GRCS is a lot heavier than the old model!!