Anyone had a knee op recently?

woodworm

Got DVT during mine couple of years back and didn't get away from the daily (then weekly) Klaxin/Warfarin jabs for 4 weeks.

Other ones now starting to play up now

Big boo :thumbdown:

Good luck with it :thumbup:

You just didn't like seeing all those positive threads and felt you needed to bring me back down to earth with a bump didn't you David.:001_tt2: I was feeling really positive after the first lot and am now back to crapping myself again. Good to get both sides though

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just didn't like seeing all those positive threads and felt you needed to bring me back down to earth with a bump didn't you David.:001_tt2: I was feeling really positive after the first lot and am now back to crapping myself again. Good to get both sides though

Its a simple thing nowadays,more so if no bone grinding involved,sure you will be fine,when I had mine done I had suffered a fall & trapped my foot in a limb fork,resultsd in a locked knee for about a month before I got to the sleepy table,I think back then they used a glorified shower hose to do the key hole surgery,& the vet was definately boss eyed when he came round to see me afterwards,he also had no bed manners,he scoffed one of my egg mayonaise sandwitches That I was rather coveting at the post opp tea & sarny stage!:biggrin:

In fact & in hindsight, he reminds me to some extent to Felix the chopper!

Edited by geoff
Just could not resist it

Got an amazing set of photo's showing the inside of the knee & all the damaged bits.

I was ready to have mine done under general anasthetic, sat there in flattering backless gown etc. The nurse checked my blood pressure and looked shocked. It was way to high to administer a general, so the surgeon decided to do it under a local.

I was able to watch it all on the big screen TV, Amazing skills these guys have.

Thanks to everyone who posted on this subject, you have all put my mind at ease and I now feel a bit more confident than I did 48 hours ago. Wish they were doing it tomorrow, never felt pain like it today and the nurofen just didn't want to know.

Happy Daze

Its a simple thing nowadays,more so if no bone grinding involved,sure you will be fine,when I had mine done I had suffered a fall & trapped my foot in a limb fork,resultsd in a locked knee for about a month before I got to the sleepy table,I think back then they used a glorified shower hose to do the key hole surgery,& the vet was definately boss eyed when he came round to see me afterwards,he also had no bed manners,he scoffed one of my egg mayonaise sandwitches That I was rather coveting at the post opp tea & sarny stage!:biggrin:

In fact & in hindsight, he reminds me to some extent to Felix the chopper!

I'm not boss-eyed :001_tt2:

had mine done again 2 weeks ago last friday 2 tears and a cyst

NO driving for 2 weeks:blushing:

I walked out of hospital with no crutches in the afternoon

No Painkillers since but did need to take it easy and tbh was better than before after a few days apart from stairs and rough ground.

I can generally walk round better now than before but still a bit wary of stairs and certainly rough ground.

I will not be dragging brash or climbing for about 2 weeks tbh as it does stiffen if I do too much and i want it to be right so no more issues.

If you wish to discuss pm your number and will ring you.

good luck:thumbup:

p.s from going to docs-consultant- mri-consltant to opperation 3 weeks:thumbup:

I'm not boss-eyed :001_tt2:

I will give you that,but the rest fits..:biggrin:

Back on topic,you will be fine after the opp,but it ts a good idea to let it knit up a bit,& the no driving/cycling stairs bit is worth bearing in mind for a while.:001_smile: