After my first chipper..!!

jnoon

If you're going to buy second hand you should by from a dealer or get a reconditioned machine from somewhere like Thorne Engineers so all the bearings etc are new.

If you're buying from a private seller you better be damn sure you know what you're looking at otherwise you'll be investing in a £1000 repair bill 4 months later.

Don't be fooled by a new paint job either as you'll be paying for that and what you really want is a chipping machine.

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?kaqgq4

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a single roller version of one of these 8" chippers brand new for £1500 last year, turned out to be a lot better than I thought it would be for a chinky import.

Can't find the single roller version on ebay, but it might be worth ringing them to see if they're still available.

Pumpy

That looks ok, shame i dont have a tractor to power it :lol:

still no news , looked at a few, cheap gm eco chip on ebay atm, £2500. buy it now, but as people have said dont be fooled by a shiny new paint job :confused1:

Buy the best you can afford and the biggest you can realistically use, like clothes for kiddies, you can grow in to it. Otherwise you will be changing every few years as you get bigger. Also, IMO something only costs the difference between what you pay and what you could sell it for.

Fortunately my dad has always lent me money for new machinery, pay it back a heck of a lot quicker than i would on finance. sooner its mine, the sooner if i had to i could sell it.

Buy the best you can afford and the biggest you can realistically use, like clothes for kiddies, you can grow in to it. Otherwise you will be changing every few years as you get bigger. Also, IMO something only costs the difference between what you pay and what you could sell it for.

Fortunately my dad has always lent me money for new machinery, pay it back a heck of a lot quicker than i would on finance. sooner its mine, the sooner if i had to i could sell it.

I love you optimism but buying bigger than you need in the hope the company will grow is foolhardy these days IMO. Unless you're planning to keep it for 25years!