Jensen 530 chute clamp

T14EES T14UNK

I wondered if anyone could help. I know I can ring redwood to buy new parts but I think I can fix the bit I've got with a little help.

The clamp which holds the chute tight has always been the only thing I dislike about the chipper. It has always been a bit rubbish at holding the chute in place unless you break your fingers getting it so tight to hold properly. And then one day it broke the bolt. We coped ok by using the mole grips from tool box and clamping tight. It worked a treat and have now drilled a hole in mole grips and tied on a leash to keep it safe.

I suppose this might be the answer. Don't bother fixing the original clamp cos this works ok and is very quick on/off. However, I have got the old bits and thought I just needed to replace the bolt. I can't find a picture online of the part so not sure if I'm going to get it right. Anybody able to take a picture of the inside of the chute side if the clamp please.

Or am I just wasting my time and just keep using the mole grips. They do work after all. Sorry for rambling but hope it makes sense. Cheers

I wondered if anyone could help. I know I can ring redwood to buy new parts but I think I can fix the bit I've got with a little help.

The clamp which holds the chute tight has always been the only thing I dislike about the chipper. It has always been a bit rubbish at holding the chute in place unless you break your fingers getting it so tight to hold properly. And then one day it broke the bolt. We coped ok by using the mole grips from tool box and clamping tight. It worked a treat and have now drilled a hole in mole grips and tied on a leash to keep it safe.

I suppose this might be the answer. Don't bother fixing the original clamp cos this works ok and is very quick on/off. However, I have got the old bits and thought I just needed to replace the bolt. I can't find a picture online of the part so not sure if I'm going to get it right. Anybody able to take a picture of the inside of the chute side if the clamp please.

Or am I just wasting my time and just keep using the mole grips. They do work after all. Sorry for rambling but hope it makes sense. Cheers

Bring it over 't hill and I will sort it out for you.

Bring it over 't hill and I will sort it out for you.

Thanks for the offer. I just wondered how much money are we talking about though. It was just something I was gonna try and fix whilst it was raining yesterday and the mole grips do work pretty well after all. But the original clamp is a bit more fail safe for when driving along.

Where abouts are you?

Cheers

we always take shute off unless just moving around on site.

The reason i bought the proper replacement bracket was because i was concerned that if it broke any more or my botched bit anything falling down the inside of the shute would be dangerous to the chipper, blades and anyone unlucky enough to be in back of the truck. stones are bad enough luckily not had a blade shatter yet.

Thanks for the offer. I just wondered how much money are we talking about though. It was just something I was gonna try and fix whilst it was raining yesterday and the mole grips do work pretty well after all. But the original clamp is a bit more fail safe for when driving along.

Where abouts are you?

Cheers

I know how difficult it is to prt a Yorkshireman and his cash so if you bring s bottle of merlot with you we will call it quits

In Uppermill.

Thats cool. I didnt mean to sound tight but just wondered if it was worth even bothering with if the grips work well anyway. I just hate the thought of spending good money on a crap new replacement which might end up getting replaced with mole grips again!!

Anyway, I'll take you up on the merlot deal cheers.

When and where?

Thanks

Edit: I meant a crap new replacement part from Jensen, not what you were Offering!!