found a massey 35 today

john p

doing a site clearance today and poked around the old barns on site as you do,lurking in the dark was a massey 35 with loader! owner said we could have the scrap on site so could have a free tractor,needs work but tin work all good,result! they are quite desirable tractors arent they? its 1971

They are but it's more for fruit farmers, there are newer small tractors that are wanted now. Done a complete rebuild on the 35x on college, it was my entire machinery coursework section. The 3 pots are better and wanted more than 4. I would keep it if you have a use for it.

iirc if it's the 4 cylinder engine it's not as desirable as they were an arse to start, the 3 cylinder engine was more sought after, not sure if thats still the case though

Yep 4cyl would never start when cold, 3cyl is the better engine,choice of direct or indirect injection.

iirc if it's the 4 cylinder engine it's not as desirable as they were an arse to start, the 3 cylinder engine was more sought after, not sure if thats still the case though

It's a 71 and they stopped fitting the woefull 4 pot in favour of the Perkins in 1959.

Good find particularly with the loader, the restoration gang love them because they are small enough to work on in a domestic garage.

i have a massey ferguson 35, i did not like the engine so i changed it for a 50hp perkins, so when we are on a road run pull up long side an other 35 and pull the accelerator back and watch it fligh, they do not under stand. what fun

i us the 35 for towing 13ft trailer and firewood processing