Climate change- discuss

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massive pressure for change from the people- twists politicians arms no end

They tend to look at what their voters want and change their policies to suit.

You'd be surprised how public opinion works:biggrin:

I'm not convinced.

I believe it is called Capitalism, done all the time buying out other tech. for the sake of milking existing tech to it's end. All and all I stick to my orinigal thought on this topic. This after noon there is a really good chance for rain, Why?, becuse were in the rainy season and usually that means rain most every afternoon. Some people may think that odd we have a rainy season. I call it the weather running it's cycles out and nature really calls all of the shots in the end.

easy-lift guy

I think you are missing the point, no one doubts the change and evolution of a complex planet, but there is a fundamental difference between a tropical planet creating methane intern leading to greenhouse gas buildup intern leading to a colder climate. ie, mini ice age, and man made climate change. Our atmosphere is thick with our fossil fuels reminisce, this is absolutely and categorically undeniable, which WILL have a profound affect on the planet. This change did not come around naturally, we brought this on therefore we must correct it. The planets climate will change along with topography but it must happen naturally. You are correct in the fact that nature calls all the shots, but the correction of the problem is not for the benefit of nature, it is for ours. Nature will go on in some form of life, but humans require a very carefully balanced ecosystem to flourish. The study of climate change is a mathematical equation if you like, humans put x amount of tons of co2 into the atmosphere, it will take x amount of trees to counter the co2. Except we are removing 8150 ha per day of Amazon rain-forest while in central Africa only 8% of rain forest is left unscathed. In conclusion we are removing the lungs the planet requires to breathe and heal itself. To say we can do all this and have zero consequence requires a word not yet invented.

I also cant believe that so many people on here who work outside and supposedly with nature think we have nothing to do with this. The mind boggles. My eyes have been opened tonight to just how deluded this cancer of a species is we call the human race.

We are so insignificant anyway.

[ATTACH]94755[/ATTACH]

This is also irrelevant, to compare ourselves to a red dwarf or white dwarf adds nothing to the weight of the debate for climate change. These giants of the universe bare no relevance to our survival as a species on our planet. Worry not what we do to our planet as we pale in signification to dying balls of gas in our universe?