Petty Complaints

David Humphries

i know it will grow back but thats the only thing i would complain about!:sneaky2:

the reason i was so glad to not have to do any more council work was to have to listen and deal with such winging idiots,im very supprised in the ten years i did it for i actually managed to keep my cool,it was hard but i respect any one who can do it!

Edited by MattyF

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My favorite was the ten minute rant over the phone complaing about sawdust on the car and how rude the worker had been.

"I don't want him to get the sack, but"

I didn't tell him that it had been me he'd been abusing even though I'd remained polite on both occasions.

"I'll come and have a look at your car sir and give him a stern telling off..... *****!"

I once had this guy come out and go "look at the state of my car!"it had a dent in every panael and all i could say was "yeah heap of sh!t isnt it" but seriously he tryed to blame it on us and then when the idiot realised we had dragged the tree from the top of his neighbours garden and not fellled it in the street over his car he was still on the phone to the council for getting wood chip on his car!

just down the road there was a convicted pedo who had a large leylandii in his garden that was causing subsidance,so the order came through to fell it,arrived knocked on the door, no reply ..so we started dismantling 10 mins in to it he came out screaming and tryed to sue us for damaging his x mas lights......that particular part of one of nhdc's towns was horrible had a 7 year olds trying to sell me smack and i swear no one got up before 2pm apart from giro day..

I had a call for a job 3 weeks ago and could never get hold of the lady to go quote it.

For some reason she called me last night to say she'd had it done by some cowboy who had leafleted their house. He'd been there half an hour, got 220 quid out of her and left with some of the arisings in a small red van never to return. He'd taken time to argue with her and her neighbour about how it cost him 90 quid to tip said arisings, and didn't finish the 'pruning' work.

If I'd done the job and it had taken me say 2 hours to do it properly i.e all arisings removed and blown spotless with the blower, it would have cost her 70 quid.

This little tale could go in a number of threads on bratalk but its relevence here, is .. let them see what a really bad job, looks like , feels like and costs aye.

I thought you spent all your time at seminars and pushing the boundries of our honourable profesion M'd, good to see your gettin yer hands dirty old chap.

I once had this guy come out and go "look at the state of my car!"it had a dent in every panael and all i could say was "yeah heap of sh!t isnt it" but seriously he tryed to blame it on us and then when the idiot realised we had dragged the tree from the top of his neighbours garden and not fellled it in the street over his car he was still on the phone to the council for getting wood chip on his car!

just down the road there was a convicted pedo who had a large leylandii in his garden that was causing subsidance,so the order came through to fell it,arrived knocked on the door, no reply ..so we started dismantling 10 mins in to it he came out screaming and tryed to sue us for damaging his x mas lights......that particular part of one of nhdc's towns was horrible had a 7 year olds trying to sell me smack and i swear no one got up before 2pm apart from giro day..

Ahh... the old NHDC contract... used to do that in the mid 90's. Similar stuff for us too... junkies trying to sell us nicked tellys having just climbed out of the window! Needles everywhere, and weirdly... always the smell of cheap minced beef?!

Worst occasion I ever saw was when a guy I was working with laid into a chap who was abusively complaining about sawdust in his fish-pond (even though we'd boarded it off completely!)... guess he caught my mate on a bad day! Wouldn't recommend that one though!

You know what they say though... you can't educate pork!