Spraying work charges per metre

evergreen

If it's any help the rate in Spons (2011) is £83.76 per 1Kilometer - about 5.5p a metre for power spraying by quad etc. Not a bad rate as we could spray 20 kilometers no problem in a 1/2 day.

I need to get into this then

£1600 for half a day:thumbup1:

materials= say £100

I guess thats not PA6 but next one up

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to get into this then

£1600 for half a day:thumbup1:

materials= say £100

I guess thats not PA6 but next one up

Sounds good doesn't it. I wonder if the quads have got coffee cup holders and heated seats as well?

That Spons figure works out at 8p per metre, does that sound reasonable to you or too high?

Sounds good doesn't it. I wonder if the quads have got coffee cup holders and heated seats as well?

That Spons figure works out at 8p per metre, does that sound reasonable to you or too high?

We are using a Kawasaki Mule 600, had a quad years ago but not comfortable for all day work and you can't carry much volume. It can climb kerbs up to 10-12" high no problems. We have a some boom on the back, a hand lance on a holder (ACOP for atv spraying now). We can carry all our chemicals in a pesticide safe on the back along with washing water and ppe etc. This has been our preferred set up for the past 8 years. It's taxed and insured for the road, has full lighting kit and cab without the doors. We have PA2 and PA6AR for road side spraying.

And yes it does have a coffee cup holder built in on the dash board. :biggrin:

The rates in Spons are well above what we are getting unfortunately.

And yes it does have a coffee cup holder built in on the dash board.

Haha, my new transit has 4 coffee cup holders but only 3 seats...I cant work that out??

Thanks for the info Gareth, I think I know what im doing on this one now!

Is your Spons the landscaping and external works version?

And yes it does have a coffee cup holder built in on the dash board.

Haha, my new transit has 4 coffee cup holders but only 3 seats...I cant work that out??

Thanks for the info Gareth, I think I know what im doing on this one now!

Is your Spons the landscaping and external works version?

No problems - Yes SMM7 2011.

My Spons is SMM7 but older 2008, it only has pricing for 1m spot circle over 100m2 in Minor Works section. This must have been added later or I havent searched it that well. My brother used to work on editing the construction one. Everytime I mention Spons he laughs and says at those rates nobody would get any work!

• 1 year later...

Hi just had a read through this thread.

Have been asked by parish council to price per metre, this would be applied with a knapsack sprayer. Is the price per metre for 1 metre squared??

If so what are people charging for this at the moment?

Cheers

i charge my parish,s by the hour plus chemical. i have just got a cda sprayer for doing footpaths no mixing quicker can see it being sprayed its droplets not spray. ideal for doing short lenghts. and 5 ltrs is eqvilent to 10 knapsacks but if it a long footpath then the quad is the better bet be there ages with a hand held knapsack.

same with football pitch charge your normal hourly rate for you and tractor plus chemical. but add a bit on for chemical as if you do nott use it all you have to keep it untill next job. money sitting on shelf