Advice on pricing a coni job

kentjames

Hey folks.

I have done a few conifer jobs in the past however this has to be the largest volume of material i've had to price for so far.

Now, i know how to price a job based on costs plus profit so i know roughly what im looking at to price it with.

However i would like an overall ball park figure from a few members to makes sure im not over or under on the job?

The trees themselves are 5 in number and approx 50ft high and 20ft front back 'width'. The brash is considerable and the drag is approx 50m through a garage to the front of the house where chipper can be sited. The waste away will be via skips, roll on roll off come to mind, as its in the middle of town and no where near any of my dump sites.

The green house will be moved BEFORE the job start so thats one thing out of the way!

1/ So, ballpark figure, how much would you think?

2/ Volume wise i am worried about calculating the amount of material to waste away, so any ideas how to calculate this including all timber to enable me to price the skips required?

I will add some pics in a minute, need to downsize them.

Cheers James :thumbup1:

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Additional info - the trees on the left and right are single stemmed of approx 15inch dia, the middle tree is a biggy prob 2.5ft dia and multi stemmed as per pic above. I think a lot of wood is likely and since its all got to be skipped im guessing two rolo's are likely ??

Keep the replies coming

A huge amount of material in there. I would not be looking at skips :confused1: Too expensive and you'd want a new skip every 10 minutes!

I would sub a local arb in with a transit or similar with a chip site near.

I would want 3 men, 1 climbing, 2 dragging (with one of the draggers being your subby transit owner, nipping off to empty as and when)

You will be there 2 / 3 days as I understand you are a relatively new climber from previous posts (and presume you'll be climbing them as they dont look like a fell!?) Plus the drag on that material is greater than you think (youll know what i mean when stuff starts hitting the deck)

I would calculate your overheads + the money you want + your subbies money and you should have an answer.

From the pictures alone I would price this at £900 - £1,100

Additional info - the trees on the left and right are single stemmed of approx 15inch dia, the middle tree is a biggy prob 2.5ft dia and multi stemmed as per pic above. I think a lot of wood is likely and since its all got to be skipped im guessing two rolo's are likely ??

Keep the replies coming

Do you know anyone with gear and exp?

Give the job to them and work with them for a higher day rate. e.g finders fee.

or

buy a van and mash it all doen in the back.?

add up expensies. day rate and how many days then you will have your answer.

you will get different answers on here because different areas and different sizes businesses.

I would be looking at around £450 - £500. I day with 2men.

I wouldn't wanna be one of those two men! that would be a long and back breaking one days labour.

IMHO id put a price in at a straight grand, it wouldn't be worth any less to me. It's the sort of figure most customers would be prepared to pay for that kind of task.

If however you had a gap in your diary and needed the revenue.... let them bid you £850

Edited by the hedge man