Hot,Hot, Hot How to survive the heat!!!

Mark Cattell

Nobody has mentioned the most simple method of opening the front vent on all zippered trousers.

the difference in having a bit of extra airflow and not is rather substantial.

Sure you might have to walk about cautiously when nearing children and clients but give it a go you may be pleasantly surprised. :thumbup1:

If you open the zip on c/s trousers are they still compliant

Mind you it'd be a good shot to take out a t****r

No worries mate.

I think the sun has gone to people heads;). Just seems in times of quietness everyone starts moaning about people under cutting them, lack of work etc. As soon as the sun comes out a bit. Yeah I agree it's hot compared with what we have been used to... Along come the thread about heatstroke etc. I could understand it more if it was actually hot. What we have experienced I. The last week or so is nothing compared to what tree workers could experience in other part with hotter climes.

Dudes in Oz and the US seem to manage so howcome we can't after 25 degree heat?

In ox and US I would imagine they work long hours in the winter so they can sit on the porch in a rocking chair drinking beer and spitting in a tin bucket when its hot. Or they work till 12 then rest the afternoon and work 4-8 like they do in europe. Or if your young and really hiper they can maintain their toys in the airconditioned workshop. Remember only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the mid day sun. :laugh1:

Don't normally put my 2 bobs worth in but after numerous tours of Iraq and afghan where we can't were shorts take our boots off and don't have access to power aid drinks and wear full combats with helmets gloves and 100 plus pounds of gear on your back this is a simple answer on the massive heat of the Uk, keep hydrated by drinking water constantly. As sergie says simples. Sorry for the bluntness.

:thumbup1:

Water was what we were taught. Salts are replenished by normal diet.

But in addition you need to be watching each others back. We've seen guys wandering around in circles on the pan with the onset of heatstroke. Don't want to imagine that with a running chainsaw thrown into the mix. :thumbdown:

:thumbup1:

Water was what we were taught. Salts are replenished by normal diet.

But in addition you need to be watching each others back. We've seen guys wandering around in circles on the pan with the onset of heatstroke. Don't want to imagine that with a running chainsaw thrown into the mix. :thumbdown:

Exactly. I send up a bottle to the climber when they send down their saw for fueling up. :001_smile:

Nobody has mentioned the most simple method of opening the front vent on all zippered trousers.

the difference in having a bit of extra airflow and not is rather substantial.

Sure you might have to walk about cautiously when nearing children and clients but give it a go you may be pleasantly surprised. :thumbup1:

If you combine the above technique with my frozen lollipop bottle of squash stuffed into the waistline somewhere, we may be onto an effective if a little primitive form of air conditioning......... :001_smile:

I've given lots of thought to buying a Camelback and researched those hi-tech vest things that keep you cool.

I've used all sorts of sports drinks and nearly bought some Coolmax t-shirts.

Despite all that it seems that extra water is the only real solution.

I've now doubled my evening water intake by having 8 ice cubes in every glass of rum! :thumbup::laugh1: