Unimog tool storage...?

chrisgilltreesurgery

Hi Chris. I'll throw in the Unimog to anyone that buys my Mog :laugh1:

The box on the front of mine is one of those plastic ones you see under big truck bodies.

If I was going to have a front mount chipper and had a rear linkage I'd put a big metal tool store on the linkage. I'll attach a photo in a minute of the box I was going to use on the back of my next Mog, that I'm not getting.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

saws, hats and blower in the hopper, dumpy bags, and steps on the chipper, bungee is your friend!

hooks on back of chip box for brushes, rakes and shovel, make up combi and jerry can holders aswell.

big shifter and mole grips on the floor of the passenger seat and thats it for me in the little u900>

my last big mog had a full width tool storage along the front of the chip box, with sliding drawers

You put the tools in the back of the hilux, or whatever vehicle you use to follow the mog around so you have something to get home in when it breaks down.

We used to use a cabstar for that purpose, and carrying the tools.

I used to work with a mog that had a big toolbox hanging of the front (not linkage) it was fabricated to fit and reduced groundclearance a bit but it was never really an issue. It had to have recessess in the shape of the box for the headlights. big enough to put 4 saws& 2 climbing kits and several other bits too.

It was good for pushing woodchip piles level too. all rakes and stuff were bungeed to the chipbox.

I found the best tool storage for my mog was to carry 'em in a landrover! ;)...worked for a bloke who had a tool box on the cab roof...sweat your nuts off in the summer without the roof opening...those cabs get HOT!