Green mech cs 100..??

jnoon

I have both a tow behind Jensen and a Jo Beau narrow access chipper (similar to the GM youre thinking of) and tbh as Stevie says you save a lot of dragging using the little machine. No dragging saves on a wage for one, it saves clearing every last bit of chip away. I reckon on most jobs the Jo Beau now goes out 3x more often than the bigger one, it paid for itself in next to no time.

So its really up to you, how you roll, how you choose to work, there is no real right or wrong way. Find a niche in your area and work to suit it, just cos everyone says its not right, they mean its not for them, and the way they work.

PS Big fires beat everything every time :thumbup:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have both a tow behind Jensen and a Jo Beau narrow access chipper (similar to the GM youre thinking of) and tbh as Stevie says you save a lot of dragging using the little machine. No dragging saves on a wage for one, it saves clearing every last bit of chip away. I reckon on most jobs the Jo Beau now goes out 3x more often than the bigger one, it paid for itself in next to no time.

So its really up to you, how you roll, how you choose to work, there is no real right or wrong way. Find a niche in your area and work to suit it, just cos everyone says its not right, they mean its not for them, and the way they work.

PS Big fires beat everything every time :thumbup:

Yes, well on most jobs its back garden work , work near lanes, on estates etc etc and just get the idea that a big chipper might be a bit overkill to start with, yes i know they chip well and have there uses, but i just think a small chipper looks far more pro than jumping down on brash in the trailer :lol:

will see what prices i get back,

big fires, :thumbup1:

thanks again.

For the price of a new one you can get a s/h timberwolf etc.... theyre 3400 + vat new arn't they.....

I know you say you don't need a bigger one as 4"+ is a log.... but its the speed at which you can chip that will favour the bigger chipper :)

and also the ease of chiiping forked branches with a bigger chipper

I have a greenmech cs100 I also have a 7 " tow behind. The cs100 gets used loads and as Stevie says you sell the use of the chipper and job to the client, mine gets loaded into my pick up with my swing lift this means I also only need one parking space when I get to the job. Can you not hire one to see how you get on with it?

and also the ease of chiiping forked branches with a bigger chipper

big chippers chip better, that we know!:biggrin: does that mean he should get a 18" tow behind Bandit, coz surely that would make life easier:001_rolleyes

here is an example of how much dragging a little chip can save.

:[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr3ph6C--f4]the drag without gloria - YouTube[/ame]

big chippers chip better, that we know!:biggrin: does that mean he should get a 18" tow behind Bandit, coz surely that would make life easier:001_rolleyes

here is an example of how much dragging a little chip can save.

:

what a vid:thumbup1:

Yes, well on most jobs its back garden work , work near lanes, on estates etc etc and just get the idea that a big chipper might be a bit overkill to start with, yes i know they chip well and have there uses, but i just think a small chipper looks far more pro than jumping down on brash in the trailer.

The more I read about these little beasties the more sure I will have one as soon as funds alowe, just need a good ex demonstrate to come up at a discount and im on it!

Anyone ever though of some sort of mounts so it could sort of hang on the back of a truck, saving having to tow it and reverse into places or empty the pickup then come back for chipper?

I love the "gloria" series of vids, better adverts thank the official advertising ones!

stick with greenmech cs 100 or jo-beau

i would rather the jo-beau IMO they are a better chipper iv even used a m300 and was really inpressed this is mine

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXGQvd0AYUc]jo beau m400 - YouTube[/ame]

small chipper lol :confused1:

thats the only chipper i own rather have that than a bigger chipper is made me a shed load

goes through a gate i dont need a 3rd man for draging brush

customers tend to keep wood chip if its chipped in there garden