Green mech cs 100..??

jnoon

Morning,

It how you sell your services that can determine the usefulness of a wee chipper.

In larger gardens there is often a place for wood chip and rakings.

I can turn up just with a small van and trailer or just a transit type van and ramps although you need 2 to load into a van.

We regularly do large jobs with the CS100 and are in dire need of a bigger machine but the wee chipper will always have its place.

This cedar from last Thursday went through no the chipper with no problems, the machine dragged it in and didn't stall once.

The last image is of a job felling a dozen pines, at this point we gave up using the CS100 and called TomTrees with his Bandit xp65.

It was not the wood that defeated the chipper, it was the amount of snedding that defeated us!

Ty

597660b8c51ec_Trebourden012.jpg.3d140466b61f474cf668cfc21c249f02.jpg

597660b8c1eef_DSCF2368(2).jpg.84a81b9a9a696fe8798e3e97fcdb546b.jpg

597660b8bf866_MartigneFerchaud.jpg.4a1e00f133c57d3a88f15a8e27dec390.jpg

597660b8bb916_ThesubjectCS100.jpg.94c38970e4e62636f2ca39e0d8a69830.jpg

Edited by Ty Korrigan
Adding info

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently went half’s with my boss on the 18Hp version, I’m pretty chuffed with it. It easily kicks the arse of other gravity feed chippers I’ve used. It does guzzle a bit though. Also bear in mind the trailer has to be purchased separately. But other than that it's a nice little machine.

Morning,

It how you sell your services that can determine the usefulness of a wee chipper.

In larger gardens there is often a place for wood chip and rakings.

I can turn up just with a small van and trailer or just a transit type van and ramps although you need 2 to load into a van.

We regularly do large jobs with the CS100 and are in dire need of a bigger machine but the wee chipper will always have its place.

This cedar from last Thursday went through no the chipper with no problems, the machine dragged it in and didn't stall once.

The last image is of a job felling a dozen pines, at this point we gave up using the CS100 and called TomTrees with his Bandit xp65.

It was not the wood that defeated the chipper, it was the amount of snedding that defeated us!

Ty

You could just use a pulling winch. :001_smile:

what sort of amount of fuel do use in a avarage day? if there is such a thing.

Say an average day where the chipper probably runs for an hour to two hours, filling the back of a pickup, I use 3-5ltrs in mine. If I'm not using it or snedding stuff up more I drop the revs if I will be chopping again shortly or switch off. No point leaving it running when it's not chipping or your dragging brash.

Say an average day where the chipper probably runs for an hour to two hours, filling the back of a pickup, I use 3-5ltrs in mine. If I'm not using it or snedding stuff up more I drop the revs if I will be chopping again shortly or switch off. No point leaving it running when it's not chipping or your dragging brash.

That sounds about right. First job that i used mine on i did 3 hours of chipper on approx 6 to 7 litres of fuel.

Hello,

The engine uses officially 2.8litres per hour.

We fitted a tinytach to count the hours.

We also have a policy of stacking then chipping and turning off in between rather than leaving it running all the time so its more the actual chipping hours are whats recorded.

We have recorded a handsome 5 hour day before whilst chipping lawson!

Ty

Call me lazy ( or Ty might call me old) but I just got so used to bunging in branches and forgetting about it that I could not go back to a gravity fed thing and if push came to shove I think I could get a the timber wolf 125 in 90 Percent of the jobs you get a cs .