Chip bin bodies needed.

Old Mill Tree Care

How much was it old mill?

I got three quotes from the firms mentioned on this thread, all £4-5k +vat (except Tipmaster £9k)!

Solent charged £1995.00+vat for exactly the same thing!! Brilliant.

On the phone they said two weeks but when I dropped off the truck they said they'd be finished in five days. Superb.

They quibbled over nothing and can definitely do anything at all, no matter how fiddly or ridiculous.

Also, I'd had a £570 quote for sign writing from the firm that did my previous trucks but Solent Body Builders have Solent Sign Writing in house and charged £300.

Awesome.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They probably under priced it like one of use and a lylandii hedge haha lol jokes :laugh1:

They have done a fab job looks the dogs danglies :thumbup::thumbup1:

No they have not. They've done loads of Arb trucks and I got their number from a tree surgeon who was charged the same a few years ago.

They gave me a base price on the phone and when I delivered the truck and talked through the final detail, the price was adjusted accordingly.

I think they can produce at that price because they have an extremely efficient process.

Another pleasing aspect was that all their staff appeared to be locals. No cheap foreign labour 👍.

Well here it is. Just about to drive out with it and I'm well chuffed. Solent Body Builders have done a first class job at a price you'd expect in half the time I expected.

They also collect and deliver the trucks for free for us so we don't need to use our valuable time on poxy public transport.

Top job!

[ATTACH]96754[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]96755[/ATTACH][ATTACH]96756[/ATTACH]

That looks fantastic. I've done bodies with my work mate on his tipper trucks, with high drop sides and back and canopy. The ally planks at the time were reasonably inexpensive, but even so, with the £900 cover etc, and our labour, the total must have come in at something like £1500.

The signwriting looks good too..... shame they got your mobile number wrong....

HA, made you look :lol:

• 3 months later...