Diary of a lymphomaniac

likeitorlumpit

Having just recovered from a debilitating illness myself, I wish you all the best. though its tough at times keep focussed on beating it, force yourself to walk about if you feel you cant, keep driving yourself forwards, whatever happens. Now you've started to tell us about this, keep posting, evenif you feel down and beaten, the support here is phenomenal as a rule. good luck and keep strong, all the best Andy. :thumbup1:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having start a thread like this is so important for yourself and the many members and family members that have had and will get Cancer in one form or another. From a personnel note I lost both parents to Cancer long ago and in my fathers case he did have both chemo and radiation treatments. I believe once you start either one of these treatment regiments your appetite will drop in a big way. This is normal and you will have to force yourself to keep your calorie intake as high as possible. Also you will notice that food taste different as well, again a side affect from the treatments. There will be many who will keep you and your family in our prayers and hoping for a swift and positive outcome. Your not alone, ESP since your a part of a rather large family!

easy-lift guy

Edited by easy-lift guy
Spelling

Hi mate,

Don't know you at all but firstly I'd like to say I genuinely really wish you the best of luck mate and hope in whatever the time frame may be, that you come back on here and tell us that it's gone and that your on the way to recovery.

I would also like to say, if you don't mind, would you be able to just give us a pointer as to what the symptoms are to look out for and how its officially diagnosed, to educate people and maybe help someone detect the lymphoma and just potentially give people that extra understanding of it. If you don't I completely understand but if you could it would be very appreciated as this is a scare I had myself last year after un-diagnosed illness that has affected me for over 2 years now which during that time my groin lymph glands have been swollen throughout, but I luckily was checked for this and it was negative.

Thank you if you can. Take all the support you can from friends and family and I personally believe the saying 'you are what you eat' is one of the poignant there is and especially during a time like this when your body will be put through such immense stress, eat well and rest.

Best of luck and please keep us updated as I genuinely would like to hear how you get on (however trivial) and want to see you on your way back to health

Lloyd

Hi Mate

Snap - been there mate, in remission and always positive. You will wear the badge with pride once its all over.

PML - Positive Mental Attitude - makes such a difference, believe me.

I will pm you with my contact details straight away = I only live Maidstone way, so just up the road, whenever you fancy a chat.

Chris

Thanks for all your replies

Basically just 'coming out' as we have kept this quiet from family and most friends for some time now hoping there would be an alternative diagnosis.

Obviously not wishing to scare people unnecessarily and also I suppose hoping it was a misdiagnosis or that my normally healthy body would give it the heave ho pretty damn quick. Oh well!

There's a lot to talk about really and this is a bit late for all that but I will try and explain everything as best I can when the time is right.

Hope you don't get bored:biggrin:

In my head PMA all the way