Arb Approved - is it worth it?

The main reason i am going down this rout is that i am wanting to break more into the commercial market as the domestic market is becoming so cut throught up here.

And you think the commercial market is not price driven? out of the 7 contractors that win the la contract up here recently only one was aa approved, if you have your H & S in order then the commercial market is who you know and the price you submit. i like the idea of the AA scheme as a personal achievement and a great benchmark for our industry but it is years away ( if ever ) from being a necessary must have to succeed in this line of work.

But the best of luck with your assessment.

The commercial work that i do at he moment is far more profitable than domestic work.

I can earn nearly double doing commercial work than domestic so its a no brainer, hense me going down to mog route to enable us to get on and off site in less time, most of the commercial work we do are set prices so if we can do the contract in less time with bigger machinery then more profit and thats what its all about.

The commercial work that i do at he moment is far more profitable than domestic work.

I can earn nearly double doing commercial work than domestic so its a no brainer, hense me going down to mog route to enable us to get on and off site in less time, most of the commercial work we do are set prices so if we can do the contract in less time with bigger machinery then more profit and thats what its all about.

Is your domestic work not set price?????

I am also a strong believer in, if every company had to be arb approved it would help raise the standards of tree work and help educate people in our industry dont you think?

What stops an AA approved firm hiring some 14 year old with a ryobi to do a pruning job?

I am also a strong believer in, if every company had to be arb approved it would help raise the standards of tree work and help educate people in our industry dont you think?

No. There are many many companies and individuals that do great work and have educated people and are well known. Why should they have to jump through even more hoops?

• Like 1