Leaning sycamore with great high anchor point!

Rupe

Thanks. Yes a few years of pictures there, and most of them have threads relating to then here aswell.

yeah, i'll have a look back at some, remember seeing you'd done some vids a long time ago but now you've seem'd to stop? Looks like some well organised jobs there with all the kit to make it run smoothly :thumbup1:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, slowed down on the video making! It is quite time consuming so unless its a special job and/or and nice day/location then I dont tend to bother, just cut the flippin tree down and go home!

I also bought an HD camera which is better for many reasons but mostly due to it being rechargable. But so far I have not got to grip with editing HD, or at least my old computer hates it! So I do have a few job that have been filmed but are awaiting editing when I can be bothered or when I get a more powerful pc.

nice work all round rupe.:thumbup1:

was a false rigging anchor point not an option just so you did not have to go back up the oak to remove the hardware?

Ha ha, !! Yes!! That was in fact the original plan! BUT, we forgot to take the long 16mm line that we needed for it!

We could have set the top anchor with the 19mm line as well in fact but we didnt have that one either.

No worries though, setting false anchors like that does increase the load on the tree at that point, and as I was redirected on the same limb I was happy to keep the forces to a minimum.

But with hindsight, the Oak was bombproof and the was was zero shock loading so all would have been fine.

Another admission is that I didnt go up and get the pulleys down, my groundie/second climber did that while I was chogging the Syc stem down.

Very well thought out job Rupe, that Oak was a monster!

You are good at explaining your techniques and procedures as well.

I hope you had good money on a tricky job like that.

I would have had fifty quid and a crate of Stella on it, and kept the wood.

Thanks all. I like to explain stuff so that it might be of use to someone!

They kept all the wood, in fact we didnt move any wood, and they took the chip away in their trailer to use somewhere. I dont want the stuff.

Money was very good on this one, but I slightly underpriced a large beech take down on the same site, but the two added together is still good.

No photos of the beech cos it was raining!! Still got the stem to go and finish, if I had managed that in a day then the ££ would have been really good.