Defender 200tdi tipper... Help!

Billy

I've requested a look at the v5 but not seen it, so not sure however it does have helper springs and Salisbury axle...but apparently the hd's have a different chassis also, which I don't know how to identify.

The Dodge got written off by a women who 'didn't see it' haha! Whilst it was parked but I bought it back and it's almost repaired but no tipper as yet

HI BILLY looks a good 110 mate ref springs I've got the terrafirma 110/130 hd with 2 ins lift it a very good springs i got mine off andrew at maverick 4x4 very good price thanks jon :thumbup:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good stuff Billy,get the axles & gearbox oils dropped out,& new put in,well worth the doing mate.

As I say,not topped up but replaced,all ep90,except main gearbox which will probably be some sort of ATF.,transfer box is ep90 I think.:thumbup1:

No. Dont go down the mods route, it will complicate insurance. Many landys have welded chassis.

Also, just to clear up the many many rumours about HD chassis and 3.5t gross landies; they are not the same thing! It is very possible to get a 3.5ton 110 without it having the HD chassis. They were special orders and not so many of them after 1998 anway.

Looks a nice truck you got yourself there, if you dont mind me asking, what did you end up paying for it? (my link dont work now)

Yeah of course the chassis has been welded its a 91 landy! However all the work I notice on it is substantial, tidy and looks very well done.

As has been mentioned these were available as tippers with increased payload from standard, this is one of them. It has ,land rover special vehicle' decals on wings etc and has been a tipper from new on logbook I can only presume this is why it's 3500kg, suits me :-). I paid £3960. Winch works a treat too, pulled my part loaded Iveco daily up hill with handbrake on as soon as I got home. I was pleasantly surprised by the power and torque of the engine to for something that sounds similar to smiley face transit on tick over!

Yeah of course the chassis has been welded its a 91 landy! However all the work I notice on it is substantial, tidy and looks very well done.

As has been mentioned these were available as tippers with increased payload from standard, this is one of them. It has ,land rover special vehicle' decals on wings etc and has been a tipper from new on logbook I can only presume this is why it's 3500kg, suits me :-). I paid £3960. Winch works a treat too, pulled my part loaded Iveco daily up hill with handbrake on as soon as I got home. I was pleasantly surprised by the power and torque of the engine to for something that sounds similar to smiley face transit on tick over!

HI BILLY well done there that was good price you paid the 200tdi pull very well mate well done on a good tipper jon :thumbup:

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with it, i think the winch will be extremely useful on at least one job I've got booked in :-) Is the oil change on the gearbox and transfer box quite straight forward? Upper level bolt and a drain plug kinda set up?

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with it, i think the winch will be extremely useful on at least one job I've got booked in :-) Is the oil change on the gearbox and transfer box quite straight forward? Upper level bolt and a drain plug kinda set up?

Yes, filling the gearbox can be a pain though, anyone on here got any tips?